GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: did the general modules ever change during production?

Default did the general modules ever change during production?

i think i recall someone saying that after 9/92 production, the body electronics used different electrical units, so the module would be different as a result. im seeing a 9/92 and a 1/94 as change dates on realoem. someone is making me an exceptionally good deal on the stuff from a 93 525i a short drive from me, GM+RM plus all the underseat relays for $10. the thing is picked CLEAN otherwise, but i think i might pick up the airbag sensors, and some really, really cheap e32 wheels if they'll fit.
    thanks
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Roop, the later supercession is, I think, only a change in the color of the case plastic (black to green). The early supercession (~ '91) has a few differences, most notably -- all four windows get one touch down.

best, whit

thanks. ran the vin on the junk car, says either 5 or 6/1993. ill see if the e32 is any closer, and if it is, i might just take that unit instead.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default it changed several times, also the maker

I have copied one of the most important changes for my car once from the TIS, that is the on-touch- function for all 4 windws down, earlier models had it only on driver's side:
    Repeat and time interlock for headwashers, time interlock 3 min.
    -headlight washing pump at fifth windshield washing after time interlock
    -intensiv washing pump operating at reduced time from 3 to 2 seconds
    -minimum interval for wipers reduced to 2 from 3 seconds (programmmable)
    -increased wiper contact pressure during windshield washing now also provided

-previously the GM would react opposing signals (e.g. an unlock signal while trying to lock, as with a defective microswitch) by carrying out the first command (e.g. locking, followed immediately by unlocking). Repeating the first command then results in carrying out the command, e.g. try to lock again, and locking is now carried out. This function (Asynchronious Position)is omitted in the NEW GM.
    -After unlocking is performed due to crash sensor activiation, the locking command is now reactivated by double-locking with the key from either side (driver or passenger door).
    -The one-touch operation of windows has been expanded to all 4 windows in OPENING direction. Drivers side has one touch in both directions
    Sunroof is not already in the tilt position.
    -switch off delay of the interior lights after entering the vehicle and closing the driver's door reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.

p/n of the new GM from 09/91 is 6135 8 356 095

And info from BillR
    http://www.bimmernut.com/~billr/imag...20bulletin.jpg