GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Hi Winfred - I've got a new hobby!

Default Hi Winfred - I've got a new hobby!

Dunno if you remember, but last year I was going on about finding an air gun club and bemoaning about the UK hand gun laws.

Well, I didn't find one - I found a fullbore rifle club - which I joined naturally.

I've been with the club now about a year and got my FAC July this year.

I only target shoot, no hunting, plenty food in the supermarkets.

My new toys are 2 x .22 semiauto rimfire rifles, a Ruger 10/22 and a Remington nylon 66 (1963 vintage), and my pride and joy, a Marlin model 1894C .357 magnum underlever rifle.

I thought that due to the UK hand gun laws (the British public are deemed incompetent to own a hand gun) I would miss out on a pistol but there are ways around this.

Taurus, a Brazilian company, make a special hand gun for the UK market. The law states that a hand gun must have an overall length of 600mm with a barrel length of 300mm within that overall length. It also has an arm brace which fits under the wrist to get it to 600mm (see image attached).

So I have one in .357 caliber - such fun. We can also own "black powder" revolvers - that's next on my shopping list.

Anyway, the bad news is I'm still Bimmerless, but hope to remedy this next year.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Robbo; 12-23-2005 at 12:24 AM.

those long taurus's are cool, i never herd about the length restrictions how annoying, if you can find one a ruger old army black powder is real nice and easy to deal with it handles better then the italian colt copys, my dago 1851 navy looks cooler but i almost always take the ruger when i wanna burn some coal
    the old army .45 is on the bottom

the top is my ruger super blackhawk .44 mag
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Yes, the Ruger old army or a Remington new army copy is the one I'm going for.

damn those are some big hand cannons

The things we do to stay legal.

That Taurus reminds me of Batman with Micheal Keaton and Jack Nicholson as the Joker. I think the Joker's "pistol" has about a 4 foot barrel.

I remember seeing a pistol made to chamber the 50 cal. BMG. It only had two hand grips in the back and was probably about as comfortable to shoot as jumping off a building and landing on your palms.

I think Hornady makes a 17 cal round for target shooting and its getting popular in the states. It is supposed to be much more accurate than the .22 (at close ranges anyway).
    Job 14:1 Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble.
    az

Quote Originally Posted by azale
    The things we do to stay legal.

That Taurus reminds me of Batman with Micheal Keaton and Jack Nicholson as the Joker. I think the Joker's "pistol" has about a 4 foot barrel.

I remember seeing a pistol made to chamber the 50 cal. BMG. It only had two hand grips in the back and was probably about as comfortable to shoot as jumping off a building and landing on your palms.

I think Hornady makes a 17 cal round for target shooting and its getting popular in the states. It is supposed to be much more accurate than the .22 (at close ranges anyway).
    Yep, the .17 has a flatter trajectory (less drop over the same distance) and is more accurate because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo
    Yep, the .17 has a flatter trajectory (less drop over the same distance) and is more accurate because of this.
    Must travel faster then, as all objects fall at the same speed

My wife won't let me have any guns. I shoot soda cans with my Daisy pellet gun.
    Last edited by Jay 535i; 12-23-2005 at 12:34 PM.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip