GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ::.. continued... Why you shouldn't swap out the EAT for stock chip in winter...

Default ::.. continued... Why you shouldn't swap out the EAT for stock chip in winter...

::.. continued... Why you shouldn't swap out the EAT for stock chip in winter...

Coming home tonight I stopped on a clear street beside a ricer Echo hatchback. Yeah Toyota Echo. I do nothing and he revs and speeds off to the next light. I pull up gently. Everything is clear of traffic. I hold below the clutch point and maintain rev for take off. I realize that the ground is damp so I can't risk spinning off the line.

I take off in first, smoking him up to 5000. I hang back in second and let him 'catch' up at 3500, just under the sweet spot. When he pulls up beside, I push up to 5500 in second and drop third. There was absolutely no way he's catching up so I slow and let him pass. I had to make a left turn into the coin wash any way

Would I have been able to smoke that little rice cake with a stock chip? Perhaps. Would I have been able to have as much fun teasing the sucker just under the sweet spot? Probably not.

I only made one mistake though. My lady was in the car with me. Even though she's 'cool' with it and laughed at the Echo too, one should never risk the lives of loved ones like that. Anyhow, that's my rant.

EDIT: If I learned anything through this, it's not to swap the chip out and I need a short shifter! Damn that throw feels so long when you need it quick
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Default a Toyota Echo?

I think you'd smoke it w/no chip and missing on 2 cylinders. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    ::.. continued... Why you shouldn't swap out the EAT for stock chip in winter...

Coming home tonight I stopped on a clear street beside a ricer Echo hatchback. Yeah Toyota Echo. I do nothing and he revs and speeds off to the next light. I pull up gently. Everything is clear of traffic. I hold below the clutch point and maintain rev for take off. I realize that the ground is damp so I can't risk spinning off the line.

I take off in first, smoking him up to 5000. I hang back in second and let him 'catch' up at 3500, just under the sweet spot. When he pulls up beside, I push up to 5500 in second and drop third. There was absolutely no way he's catching up so I slow and let him pass. I had to make a left turn into the coin wash any way

Would I have been able to smoke that little rice cake with a stock chip? Perhaps. Would I have been able to have as much fun teasing the sucker just under the sweet spot? Probably not.

I only made one mistake though. My lady was in the car with me. Even though she's 'cool' with it and laughed at the Echo too, one should never risk the lives of loved ones like that. Anyhow, that's my rant.

EDIT: If I learned anything through this, it's not to swap the chip out and I need a short shifter! Damn that throw feels so long when you need it quick

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    I think you'd smoke it w/no chip and missing on 2 cylinders. :-)
    be nice to the ricers... they think they are cool
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Sometimes I spin the tires on dry pavement with the E.A.T. and I have a slush box. Yeah you have to be careful, the rear end (diff) doesn't particually like that.
    No change out for me either. The tabs on the ECU will bend only so many times until they break. I don't drive the car everyday either.
    Happy Holidays,
    Willobmw
    1990 535i

shame on you for picking on a little 4 cylinder!

i just went for a cruise and came upon an enthusiastically driven CLK320... was lucky enough to get a front row red light next to him... that merc V6 definitely has a nice sound to it, but once the ol' fiver hit 4krpm i was drowning it out and he was done by halfway through 2nd

the M30 surely has to be one of the sweetest 6 cylinder engines around

Quote Originally Posted by Randell
    shame on you for picking on a little 4 cylinder!

i just went for a cruise and came upon an enthusiastically driven CLK320... was lucky enough to get a front row red light next to him... that merc V6 definitely has a nice sound to it, but once the ol' fiver hit 4krpm i was drowning it out and he was done by halfway through 2nd

the M30 surely has to be one of the sweetest 6 cylinder engines around
    Hey, I didn't pick on him hehe. He was asking for it. And it ain't no normal 4 cylinder mate! It had stickers and everything! I swear it was making like a billion HP!

Street racing is cool.
    1990 BMW 535i 5 speed - Black on Grey, LSD

assume that is a joke?
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

those little cars have good first and second gear pickup cos they are low geared and light....
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JAlfredPrufrock
    Street racing is cool.
    Yeah, I hope that's a joke too If there were even one car in sight, I wouldn't have went for it. In retrospect, it's stupid... I messed up my MPG average for nothing heh.