GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: I can't get my ashtray back in and it bugs me..

Default I can't get my ashtray back in and it bugs me..

Yeah the title says it all. I don't even care about it. I could superglue it shut and it wouldn't bother me. (until I need that power from it heh)

Quote Originally Posted by misfortune
    Yeah the title says it all. I don't even care about it. I could superglue it shut and it wouldn't bother me. (until I need that power from it heh)
    I know how you feel. When I got the car, one of the rear ashtrays won't close because the spring clip was gone. I went on eBay in a heartbeat to find a replacement
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

My stupid rear ashtray wont come out, don't really care, don't smoke, but it's nice to have everything working properly though.
    Mick

my ashtray has a fault where once you open it it won't close, because a part under the cigarette light has broken... it causes the tray to stick when you try and close it, so i close it by pushing the cigarette lighter up from underneath the tray and then pushing the whole thing closed

of course, noone else knows this, including a few mechanics that have given it a good shoving to try to get it back in! it just makes me laugh, but if they break it more i'll take it out and smack em over the head with it

as for the rear ashtrays, i take them out and bent the springs back in which didn't fix it completely but at least they now close most of the way

my ashtray doesent go in either, i have to like pick up the left side and put preasure on it, then it goes in. and knowone dose know this, and they beat the hell out of it, which kills me. so try working it at diffirent angles

Yes, the problem is that the guide piece inside breaks usually at the curve for the cigarette lighter.
    I just repaired my one today with 2 component material, remodelling the broken guide. A repair info with many pics and stuff like that will follow by my backyard hack mechanic buddy "Hairywithit" Mike , who is originally from Australia.

Default here the defective part