GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: How to wire in daytime running lights on the euro ellipsoids

Default How to wire in daytime running lights on the euro ellipsoids

I have euro (smiley) ellipsoinds on my 5er. At the top of the lights is a little pocket where there is a smaller bulb. There is a connector and everything to hook it up to the car's electrical system, but my car being a US model, it doesn't have anything for these running lights to plug into.

Does anyone know how/where I should hook these lights up? They should be on no matter if I have my lights turned on or not (i.e., they should always be on as long as the car is running). I just don't know what wires I should splice them into.

splice them to your side marker lights
    -Pekka

Default Aren't they the front parking lights? ...

If your car is not canadian, they won't turn on unless you switch them on.

Javier

Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    If your car is not canadian, they won't turn on unless you switch them on.

Javier
    I thought there might be a way to wire them straight into something that turns on when the car turns on. The sidemarker lights sound promising.

I mean, there has to be a way that the guys running Angel Eye mods on their e34s are able to get the eyes to stay on without their parking lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by miliue
    I thought there might be a way to wire them straight into something that turns on when the car turns on. The sidemarker lights sound promising.

I mean, there has to be a way that the guys running Angel Eye mods on their e34s are able to get the eyes to stay on without their parking lights on.
    You'll get use to it. I lot simplier. Just my 02 cents.

TC535i Guest

I'm sure you can find something switched under the hood if you really wanted too... just never put much thought into it. No sense shortening the bulbs life during the day, because you can hardly see them anyways.

I think canadian LKM has that daylight running feature. Are you allowed to use the city light as day-running light? If so, then all you need to do is run a fused positive wire from your ignition (I don't know which wire) that is always on when in run position.... and bring it to the hood area and run it into the relay so it will switch the relay on.

From the relay, you hook up fused battery positive to it and connect both your city light to it. Use body as ground at the ground points or factory ground wire (brown).