GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DAMN YOU Racing Dynamics!!!

Default DAMN YOU Racing Dynamics!!!

Please sombody tell me I'm wrong. I got a bodykit from RD 2 days ago and I was really exited about it, but I noticed that the side skirts are made from a flexible material (almost like the Oem skirts) but the front spoiler was different, well I had no time to check and I don't really know much about the materials anyways but I was afraid it was fiberglass anyways I took a closer look today and I am pretty sure that it is fiberglass, can someone tell me if this is fiberglass or not?

THis is the description on their website.

Front Spoiler, RACING DYNAMICS, BMW 525/535/530/540 all E34 1989-96. Manufactured from a special Racing Dynamics space age proprietary composite that keeps all the strength of original bumper fascias with the additional stiffness not to deform under high speed wind pressures but incorporates flexibility to withstand light impacts. Body parts have the resiliency and durability of polyurethane and retain the light weight of composites. Resultant product has a better memory than polyurethane elastomer. Easily finished and painted in car color. Comes complete with mounting instructions and necessary mounting hardware.

Well, it looks like fiberglass to me, but fiberglass is definitely not a "space age composite," so I don't know. If it was fiberglass, I imagine they would say so as there are plenty of people out there who could and would call them on it if they were deliberately trying to hide the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-ny-m398
    Looks like to me too.
    -ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

I just got this email from RD

Dear Danny,

The mold for the E34 front spoiler was broken and beyond repair many years
    ago. When we developed a flexible composite about 4-5 years ago we went back
    and make new molds for the older low volume parts. We have sold many, many
    of these parts over the last 5 years, including parts for E24, E28, and E30
    and they have not been considered "cheap fiberglass" because they are not.

If you read the description of this part you will see that we state the part
    is composite. We do not think you will be disappointed when the installation
    is completed on your BMW.

If I wanted fiberglass parts I would have gone with an ebay bodykit that costs 1/3 of what this bodykit costs.
    Last edited by Dan-ny-m398; 12-22-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Yep, chop gun fiberglass. It was space age in the '50's.

Curt.
    Curt.

1994 530iT (gone but not forgotten since I see it every day!)
    1991 M5

Please don't hurt me... but what is wrong with fiberglass anyway?

nothing if u know thats what ur paying for. i think thats really dannys point. mate thay should give u chance of a refund or part refund if u find a like product in fibreglass at a lower price cause that is fukd.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb
    nothing if u know thats what ur paying for. i think thats really dannys point. mate thay should give u chance of a refund or part refund if u find a like product in fibreglass at a lower price cause that is fukd.

That is exactly my point, I found bodykits on ebay that I liked better than the RD one, and that came with the rear apron included , for half of what I payed for the 3 piece kit that I got, I went with RD because they are supposed to be a serious company, I mean I would expect this from an ebay seller with shitty feedback but not from RD USA, plus they took forever to send me the kit, anyways does anyone have any suggestions on what my answer to this guy should be, I would really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast