GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Shifter Prosthesis

Default Shifter Prosthesis

Has anyone bolted this little http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-S...QQcmdZViewItem wooden leg to the business end of the shifter? If so, how was it?

That will kill shifter precision. The slop of worn bushings will be magnified, lending a craptacular shifter at hand.
    erased due to slander

it will probably put the shifter into the driveshaft on everything with that stupid ballencer behind the flex coupler, plus make it a bitch to get into reverse when cold
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

To me it looks like a peice of junk, I have a short shifter kit in my e28 M535i, it came complete with bushes and all, works really well, bit hard to shift when cold, but once warm it's a joy to use and worth the cost, BMP in the US have them and many other places, mine from UCC from US, but got it from a dealer in Oz. The peice on you link looks like it will create more problems than solve, I'd personally stay clear of it.
    Mick

Folks who buy those will buy oven knobs for their cars too.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...ight=oven+knob
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I remember that thread, it's sad that people will try and sell us stuff like that in our eternal quest to improve on these already great cars as we try to get the best value for our $, luckily we can sift the good from the bad through this forum with the input of everyone, I know the help I've already recieved is priceless, so thanks to all.
    Mick

Assumed it to be another ebay joke ... thus the thread title: several other cute ones available, like the +20HP kit for < $10 - a resistor to drop in line with the Temp II sensor ....

i put one on yesterday... and it was jsut fine. only complaint is its harder to push it into gears but i think its like that with any other short shifter. and no it dosn't rub on the driveshaft and no i didn't get any more exadurated play. im actully quite statisfied and the price is right
    Last edited by pyro; 12-23-2005 at 09:59 PM.