GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: My new (temporary) ride evaluation...

Default My new (temporary) ride evaluation...

1996 Toyota Landcruiser, 4.2L turbo diesel 5-speed. On loan for a month or so.

Took me a few k's to get used to driving with a clutch, and with the indicator on the right (wrong) side. I like the sound of the monster turbo diesel engine almost as much as the bimmer. Torque is quite remarkable, but it's all over at 4000rpm, then you have to change gear, and it's only going about 15km/h anyway. On a flat road, 1st gear is completely redundant.

Steering. Oh dear. Will take some time to get used to. It goes something like this... Yank the wheel in the desired direction. Wait a moment, then hang on and hope you make it around the bend.

It's nice to have climate control that actually works, and the $80 for a tank of diesel will last forever. Reactions from the public are different too, instead of stopping and staring, they turn and run in the opposite direction.

In the end, the bimmer was a great car to own, I enjoyed every minute behind the wheel in the last three years. Now I just have to start saving for the next one...

my bro has one the big deisel six took me by surprise quite quiet and smooth,and of course the tourque make it a good off roader,and being a deisel a good swimmer too(he has the high country kit)Now i just need to save some pennies for a 530 or 535 deisel bimmer
    Gone but not forgotten