GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 2004 Key Fob Programing

Default 2004 Key Fob Programing

I have just purchased a 2004 745I. It came with only one key fob.
    I purchased a second one on ebay.

How do I go about to program the new key fob, other than to take it to the dealer?? I am happy with the present settings, I just want to get the other key fob to work like the original that came with the car.

I have looked at a lot of sites, and this one has the MOST info!
    Keep up the good work. LOVE THE SITE!

Default 2004 Key Programing

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    Hey, thanks for the web sites. I checked them out, and put them in my favorites.

I still did not find anything on the programing.

The car does not have a key for the ignition, what it has is a rectangle fob with four buttons counting the BMW logo. When you start the car you insert this rectangle fob into a slot and with your foot on the brake you push the round start button on the dash. I guess I thought it would be a simple thing to program the remote. I have looked on a lot of sites, and left a lot of email, but no body has a answer, or they sure are quite about how to do this

Quote Originally Posted by Arniep
    I have just purchased a 2004 745I. It came with only one key fob.
    I purchased a second one on ebay.

How do I go about to program the new key fob, other than to take it to the dealer?? I am happy with the present settings, I just want to get the other key fob to work like the original that came with the car.

I have looked at a lot of sites, and this one has the MOST info!
    Keep up the good work. LOVE THE SITE!
    ----Hmmmm, easier it would be taking a light sabre to start car. aaahhhh, lurking on e-bay theifs they are. vin specific and coded 745 key would be saught by jedi like me. cheap i am not, hmmm

I did read about keys on 2002-200* 7 series they say that every car is made with a number of key sets i think 3 of them they give you and they leave i think it was 5 copies for them selfs so when you need a set you have to contact BMW i guess and they will send it to you. i don't think there is a way to program the key but i might be wrong. another thing i heard is if you run out of all the keys you ganna need to change all locks.
    i'm not sure if this is true but this is what i'v seen on one of the bmw forums

Quote Originally Posted by YODA 1
    ----Hmmmm, easier it would be taking a light sabre to start car. aaahhhh, lurking on e-bay theifs they are. vin specific and coded 745 key would be saught by jedi like me. cheap i am not, hmmm
    Yoda... don't make me come kick your ass again....

Quote Originally Posted by ve39
    I did read about keys on 2002-200* 7 series they say that every car is made with a number of key sets i think 3 of them they give you and they leave i think it was 5 copies for them selfs so when you need a set you have to contact BMW i guess and they will send it to you. i don't think there is a way to program the key but i might be wrong. another thing i heard is if you run out of all the keys you ganna need to change all locks.
    i'm not sure if this is true but this is what i'v seen on one of the bmw forums
    ---Hmm..ohhhh close you are to wisdom of key...ummm 10 they make per car.hmmm send to you they will, when you need new. Money it will cost...ummmm always.