GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Todays mantanice tally

Default Todays mantanice tally

so i finally got around to changing my oil, found a place that had the filter for the m30, so i drained out the old mobile one, took out the filter out, changed all the o-rings and such, did have a extra washer!!!! it was bigger then the one one the long bolt holding the top of the canister on, and i dident see one come off, so i put the who thing back together.

checked my flex disk because i noticed the thread jon k started, and the pics of his and what it did to his center bearings, (thanks for tghe pics jon) mine appears to be brand new.

toped of coolent, was low and looks like it has a small leak somewhere, i dident search for it in the 20 degree temp. still need to test content, but i ought to be good. it was good before about a year ago and i added a premix.

toped off power stearing, i have a leak there for some reason, when it says atf only on the sticker on the cap, dose it mean auto trans fluid?

tried to diagnose my 55 shimmy, which has progressed to be from about 45 all the way through to 60, actully dident notice any distinct problems. the steering box seem loose, but the thrust arm dont appear to be terrible. when i move the wheel with the car raised into the air, i get play like you might with a bad ball joint, but i seem to account that to play in the steering box. im very confused as to what it may be, if its a shimmy at 50ish, am i just stupid as to the looseness/tightness that there has to be in thrust arm bushings. bottem line is that the e34 has a cluster**** of a front end, and i love to hate the mess of ball joints

lastly, im trying to get some better spray out of my washer nozzels, where can i find new ones, or at least ones that flow decent?

thanks for any input

kyle

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    toped off power stearing, i have a leak there for some reason, when it says atf only on the sticker on the cap, dose it mean auto trans fluid?....
    Yes
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

thank you sir, i thought so, but it seemed slightly odd, i guess it just need some sort of hydrolic fluid to push through lines

thank you sir, i thought so, but it seemed slightly odd, i guess it just need some sort of hydrolic fluid to push through lines
    Prop either Whit or one of the other "smarter" people can explain why some cars need ATF.

Run a search :-)
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

I too had wondered about why they use dextron in power steering in bmw's to my knowledge (and after asking some of the experienced Crane mechanics at my work) i believe that auto transmission fluid is just a type of hydraulic oil, since an automatic transmissions function as a hydraulic drive system (torque converter when not locked) (i also believe that the brakes and bands inside the transmission are hydraulically operated) its stands to reason that you can use it in a hydraulic pump (ie the power steering)

as for washer nozzles, i know it sounds to simple but i used a pin and shoved it down the nozzles and cleaned then up, re directed them with the pin and now they are brilliant.

i will try that, i used how water and a stiff bristle brush, cleaned the stuff around the nozzel, bubkiss for the actuall flow. thanks

lastly, im trying to get some better spray out of my washer nozzels, where can i find new ones, or at least ones that flow decent?

thanks for any input

kyle

Vinegar disolves calcium and lime deposits very quickly. Might carefully try some on a q-tip to get it to soak into the holes and not get on your wax job.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler