GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cockolate mixture in my engine ...

Default Cockolate mixture in my engine ...

I don't want you guys telling me off about my high RPM now ... but I got the most common failure ... Cockolate mixture in the oil ... I dont know if its a cylinder crack or not .. but water is leaking into the engine ... there is no pressure in the water system ... so ... ?! 1- Head gasket? 2- head crack? 3- Cylinder crack?would a treatment powder fix the problem since there is no pressure in the water system?please advice ... thanks

Default Interesting.....

Keep running it hard. By doing so you will steam clean your pistons! A much better alternative than soaking them for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by grave77
    I don't want you guys telling me off about my high RPM now ... but I got the most common failure ... Cockolate mixture in the oil ... I dont know if its a cylinder crack or not .. but water is leaking into the engine ... there is no pressure in the water system ... so ... ?! 1- Head gasket? 2- head crack? 3- Cylinder crack?would a treatment powder fix the problem since there is no pressure in the water system?please advice ... thanks

I wont. You did get the mixture spelling right.

I would guess its a head gasket, running like that can cause a lot of heat buildup by the leak causing a crack in the head/block. The only way to tell is pull the head and inspect very carefully, then have the head tested for cracks. Inspect the top of the block very carefully also. Pushing it hard like that with a weak gasket is probably what done it in.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

well ... I can give you some hints too, before this my engine used to heat up when it runs long on a stop ... I expected that the head gasket was not healthy ... more pressure casued it to snap. would this be true?

yeah, the gaskets probably a mess. Mattering on how hot it might have got you may need to surface the head...Watch because if too much is taken off you need a thicker gasket to make up the difference.
    Hopefully it was just a rotting water passage from someone not running cool blue for a part of the engines life.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

thats tough love......i like the new pic of your car
    Gone but not forgotten

lots nicer than the phone camera...I guess I have a couple more days to create his window stickers...lol I actually feel sorry for Barry but he seems to be made of money so I shouldnt.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Gosh !! if I was made of money I would have made my self a superengine dude !!! ... I'm broke cuz of this ride ... if I was rich enough I would have bought the M5 engine with 6speed and swaped this shitty engine long time ago ... I'm considering doing the gasket change my self to save some bux also I might do some simple modifications mentioned in Brunos site .. but I need some more information about it ... I only understood that I need to make the curves and surface clean to have better flow ... i don't know if there are some other stuff to do ...

Thanks for your help ... and liking the new look ... too ...

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast