GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: supercharging question

Default supercharging question

as you may know from previous threads im planning on blowing my m30 535 but need to keep the price as low as poss, ive since been offered a few 'chargers and need some advice,
    eaton m45
    eaton m90
    wade ro34
    will i be able to run any of these with every thing else stock (other than the carbonfibre cold air induction kit and cat back 'zorst ive already fitted) or what will i need to upgrade? the m45 seems a little small but is very cheap like i say im new to forced induction and the order ive listed the 'chargers in is price low to high so for those in the know i would apprieciate your input, thanx in advance, daemon

I'm hardly an expert, but I don't think you'll be able to *usefully* run any of them with everything else "stock". You'll at least need improved fuel delivery components, and likely some sort of intercooler or water injection to keep the car from pinging.

Jon will have more to say.

best, whit

I think the mount fabrication and availability is the first issue with supacharging the m30. I do not know of any mount for the m30 available commercially. The crank pulley will also be fun.
    Do you have a resource for these parts?
    erased due to slander

Quote Originally Posted by Martin in Bellevue
    I think the mount fabrication and availability is the first issue with supacharging the m30. I do not know of any mount for the m30 available commercially. The crank pulley will also be fun.
    Do you have a resource for these parts?
    i have a few mates in the fabrication industry and i work for a motor factors so i have a whole catalogue of pulleys to choose from all i needed to know was :-
    1. which charger was best
    2. would the m45 be big enough
    3. what other bits id need to get

thanks for your input though martin

I did some calculations for my car e34 535iA using the second size up with the whipple supercharger, std compression, intercooling, about 8lb of boost, also using a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (which leaves rest of fuel system stock) more boost required extra injectors and an extra ecu to control it. calculated hp with this setup including calculated power to drive the compressor was about 310. figures where based on info in a book on supercharging by corky bell, easy read and easy to understand

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    I'm hardly an expert, but I don't think you'll be able to *usefully* run any of them with everything else "stock". You'll at least need improved fuel delivery components, and likely some sort of intercooler or water injection to keep the car from pinging.

Jon will have more to say.

best, whit
    thanks whit, when you say 'fuel delivery components' do you mean upping the fuel pressure or bigger injectors or both? i was thinking about intercooling but i was under the impression that because s/c dont run off exhaust gasses intercooling wasnt absolutly necassary?
    im not planning on running more than 5-7 psi

thanks kriss, pics/info very useful, i thought common sense would have said to mount to the engine not the body though??

Quote Originally Posted by motorman
    I did some calculations for my car e34 535iA using the second size up with the whipple supercharger, std compression, intercooling, about 8lb of boost, also using a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (which leaves rest of fuel system stock) more boost required extra injectors and an extra ecu to control it. calculated hp with this setup including calculated power to drive the compressor was about 310. figures where based on info in a book on supercharging by corky bell, easy read and easy to understand
    so with a decent fpr i should be able to run 5-7 with no hassle then

a RRFPR is good until about 10psi

its not the best way to tune fuel tho

u'll need larger injectors for sure
    spark plugs 2 ranges colder will help

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast