GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What do you guys think of these cars

Default What do you guys think of these cars

Hey Guys,

I am just think to do an upgrade and have these cars in my mind. Can you guys help me pick the right one. What are are the cons and pros of each one of these.

1# http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...-77083&aff=msn

2# http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...-77083&aff=msn

3# http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...-77083&aff=msn

Any comments will be appriciated.

Thanks a lot.

Akhil

the 95 will be the slowest by a noticable amount after driving a later 740 but still damn quick for a 2+ ton car (il = 4200#) but is not a obdII car if that blows your skirt up, two less 02 sensors and the ability to buy cheep aftermarket catyletic converters when the 1st or 2nd (round with clamps after the converters would be the 2nd set, no joint and triangular is orignal) set of bmw converters break up and start rattling, and they will! aftermarket converters don't work for long before throwing a code on a obdII car. they all will have pcv plate/intake gasket problems every few years, they are starting to need ball joints in the rear suspension (all 4 components probably run $1k parts and labor) the front suspension is not any less prone to failure then a e34/32 all of the parts are bigger stronger but theres a 1/3 ton more car grinding them into the ground
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thanks a lot for your nice reply Winfred. So based on the milage, the price diiferance and on going maintance cost, which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Akhil

they are not different enough beside the power difference of the 4.0 m60 vs the 4.4 m62 of the later cars to amount to anything, get the one you like best or has your best options, like nav or hid's or cool wheels they are the same car so look for stuff that add or subtracts from each, clean under oil cap/dipstick, bald tires, non matching # on body parts.....
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thanks a lot Winfred. I loved the 3rd one. Can you tell me what is diff between 740i and 740iL ? what is "L" means?

Thanks.
    Akhil

The L designates a long wheelbase which adds a few inches to the car, giving more legroom inside.

I'd go for the 98 740iL... I like the long wheelbase versions, seem more proportionate or something. Plus it has a couple of extra features, I think I see an electric rear sunshade button there.

no3

Thanks guys. Thanks a lot for all your comments. So, do you guys think that the price diff of 3dr one worth it, event though its an year older than the 2nd one?

Thanks.
    Akhil

the L add room in the back seat so if you don't haul big people it's extra weight, the only signifigant difference i see is the 3rd one has seat heaters and a sun shade i can see the buttons the 2nd doesn't that i can see