GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anti-theft question

Default i have the EXACT same problem

reading this problem is like having a deja vue. i have a 95 540i sedan (produced 6/94 w/145k miles) and i am having the exact same problem. somehow i've managed to have a key that is not programmed to the DWA alarm module, and i need the DWA module to reprogram the key. as soon as i put the fuse back in the alarm repeats, itself, as soon as i put the key in either position 1 or 2, the alarm repeats itself, as soon as i open a door, the alarm repeats itself. i've tried the disconnecting the battery for a day or so, also crossing the battery leads of the car to drain any residual voltage. i'm still befuddled. i had it diagnosed at the dealer for $100 and they have no idea, they want to order me a new $450 DWA module, and they're still not sure if that would fix the problemo. the key used to work and then one time i had to use the key to unlock the door when the keyfob wasn't working. some people say that the DWA module has a reset button or a place to put in the chip from the keyfob. i've taken mine apart and it has none of these, just some non-removable internal chips and a small contactor relay. this problem has ensued for nearly a year now, good luck to all, and please let me know if any progress is made.
    -thanks
    Last edited by 1995540; 03-01-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biondani
    DO NOT JUST SHORT THE BATTERY. What you would need to do to reset the computer is to disconnect the battery and connect the two battery leads together to drain the residual power from the car. Shorting out the battery will lead to some pretty nasty burns if it doesn't explode.

Ian

LOL, we go through this exact detail every time!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Default excerpts aren't showing up

sorry to butt in but your excerpts are not showing up on the web page and this info i think would be really helpful to me and others, - thanks

could we make this a sticky?
    ive spent three hours trying to read posts on this but none seem to finish with DONE IT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12