GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to sell the M5 :( 1992, Mauritius Blue, rebuilt++ last year, 18,000 CDN, Toronto

Default Need to sell the M5 :( 1992, Mauritius Blue, rebuilt++ last year, 18,000 CDN, Toronto

Hi guys,

Don't know how many of you still remember me, but I'm sure a few of you remember what my car had to go through. I'm out of school, moved across the country to Vancouver and I'm getting married. Due to a serious financial issue, I have to selll it asap, like this week or the next. I know it's not the season to sell this car that's why I'm pricing it way below what it's worth. There is about 22,000 of work and parts in it last year alone. The chassis has about 190k on it (it's in Toronto, I can double check) but the engine has about 10k on a complete rebuild, with all new parts and it was bored out to over 3.7l with forged 95 mm J&E pistons. Hasn't been dynoed but the guys who designed the pistons say they see 370-390 hp on this setup. The suspension has been completely redone and the interior has been seriously upgraded. I will probably forget some stuff I did, here is the full story leading to the rebuild and most things that were done to it:

http://www.opengraphics.com/~dvoronov/repair/index.html

Off the top of my head, in no particular order as things pop into my mind:
    -Full rebuild/blueprint last July by Bill at Motex with all new or better components (even crankshaft, everything but the con rods, block, head and camshafts)
    -95mm JE pistons
    -8lb JBR flywheel
    -Kevlar clutch/reinforced pressure plate
    -6000K HIDs + ellipsoids (AMAZING inside and out)
    -Viper 791XV 2-way alarm
    -Sparco Evo seats (Evo3 driver/ Evo1 passenger) - still have original seats in great condition, will include as well
    -20mm M5T nurburgring rear sway bar
    -Bilstein Sport shocks, H&R springs
    -Momo Fighter wheel
    -Momo Competition shifter + Z3 short shift kit
    -new 255-40-17 Toyo T1S in the rear, good front
    -Cross drilled front rotors
    -new gastank

Will stay head to head with E39 M5 (probably faster if you can launch it properly but 1st gear is a phantom... I can't shift fast enough 1-2) and have gone 285 kmh in it (was still pulling!).

The paint is original so it's not perfect, but it's in very good shape. There are a couple if minor rust bubbles but they're not visible unless you look for them. I know where they are because I claybared and Zainoed it a few times a year. The only dent is on the back of the trunk lid from when I pushed it onto my friend's trailer when it died the first time before the rebuild (full story in that link). I've taken it to dent doctor and he said no problem it'll come out easy. Just haven't bothered with it and now I'm across the country (my dad is taking care of the sale for me).

I don't have maintenance records because I did it all myself, every 5000k religiously, using Castrol TWS 10w60 or Mobil1 10w30. You don't have to worry about anything else in the engine because as of last July it's all new (so of course including head gasket, water pump, oil pump, brake fluid, coolant etc etc etc etc).

If you're interested email me at dmitryshw at hotmail.com

Last edited by BigD; 12-14-2005 at 12:49 PM.

Big D!

You are very elusive...lol

Congrats on the marriage.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

whats that like 15 usd?

Hey Jeff! I still remember how you helped keep my spirits up while she was being fixed. Thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    whats that like 15 usd?
    Yup.

welcome to vancouver dude.. sorry to hear you have to get rid of that car.. i would buy it but i'm already in too much on mine and can't afford another lol
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

I would if I could, man.

Anybody need a kidney? Today only: $18,000.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

sounds like a great car, sell it when im 27 or so and ill buy it for sure, or just consider that ill buy the cay, and pay you when im 27, so gimmie it, please

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    sounds like a great car, sell it when im 27 or so and ill buy it for sure, or just consider that ill buy the cay, and pay you when im 27, so gimmie it, please
    I'm gonna be 27 next month. I don't have any more money than I did when I was 19.

Sorry for the bad news.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Toronto. You had to say Toronto :| If I didn't have to set out a chunk for the engagement ring this Christmas, I'd be so tempted! hmmmm maybe she can wait a bit longer
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast