GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Metal Fuel lines change?

Default Metal Fuel lines change?

Hi everybody!
    I'm new here and have question about metal lines,which I need to replace on mine 89 BMW 530i M30.
    I bought both inlet and return pipes from dealer,but it seems to me impossible fit them as they are shaped exactly for the underbody of car and Rear axle carrier is in the way. Is there anybody who changed them or can tell me some know-how?
    I'm a DIY home fan without lift or pit just some stands...
    Thank You for reply
    Pete

I always bend my own, but they look like **** (oh well...function over form in this case).

It sounds like the factory expects you to drop the subframe to do the lines; not really surprising, and not really a hard job with some tools....but you might want to consider other options if the only possible way of getting this done is...ahem...on your back, as it were.

best, whit

i did mine last year on my driveway, not easy, but possible.1. car on axle stands as high as you can safely get it2. i just worked the pipes under car, and up and around behind rear axle first, very fiddly but possible!3. the work down length of car towards fronti found the worst parts the actual clips that secure the fuel and brake lines to the underbody - a RIGHT PITA!!!! most of the screws round, is possible to get em off with grips and just replace them, little cost from dealer
    Iain

1993 BMW 525 TDS SE 150K 2.5 Turbo Diesel, performance air filter, lowered sports suspension 30mm, full stainless decat exhaust, boot-lid spoiler, OBC retrofit, E60 Trapezoid alloys

Thank You for help!
    I think that i can fabricate higher axle stands..
    So I try it fiddly way.. I have already most of these bolts striped thread,but if i manage to get them out I have stainless steel bolts ready for this aplication..
    Again Thanks for responses!
    Pete