Just got my car back from the shop today. Final bill was US$750, was about $100 more than the initial estimate cuz they had to change my shock mounts... but suspension is back to stock form again... I decided to stick with stock since I didn't want my ride to suffer (Philippine roads are bad enough) Tramlining was reduced a LOT (still does a bit, but only on deep grooves) ... handling is much better now. I still have about an inch on steering play, but this might just be the adjustment nut (which has probably never been touched in the life of the car)

List of everything I had done: (This was EVERYTHING Inspection 2 turned up)
-Front shocks (Boge OEM)
-Thrust arm bushings (BMW said the arm was still good as per Insp II)
-Tie rods
-stabilizer links
-front and rear dampers
-front shock mounts
-exhaust support
-fuel hose
-valve cover gasket
-alternator hose
-propeller coupling
-new secondary clutch
-new oil cap
-and about 8 spring pads (I have no idea what these are, or where they go... I'm guessing on the shock springs?)
-front wheel alignment
-clutch bleeding

Whew! My PS pump is brand new as well (This one cost me $350 in a previous job, repair kit couldn't do it since the shaft broke...previous owner neglected to fix it, and drove around town on 225/45/18 running 28psi! Poor pump was overworked to death)

Since I got my car, I've spent about $1400 over and above the car, this was everything listed above, plus the Inspection II at BMW Phil. So far, now the only things that bug me with my car are:
-glove box is not aligned
-odometer doesn't work (most likely a broken gear)
-A/C works, but isn't original BMW anymore

**Oh and to everyone who replied to my ABS question... no, my car doesn't have ABS. (Well, I couldn't see any aluminum box with 3 or 4 hoses sticking out of it.

I'll post pics of my car tom! Thanks so much to everyone on this forum for erasing a lot of my initial mechanical fears about owning a Bimmer!!!! She's running like new again!