GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear Muffler

Default Rear Muffler

I have been thinking about replacing my rear muffler with something a bit more "exciting" Does anyone have any video or coud clips of m30 exhaust? I would like some feedback as to what any of you might have tried and how you fele about it.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

straight pipe it

glasspacks. Go to roadfly E32 board and see the picture gallery E32. I posted there pics of the glasspacks they made for a 735 E32. Complete exhaust is shown there and while they weld it.

I got an Eisenmann Sport performance (old version) on mine. At idle it has a nice mellow tone. It only roars at full song. There is presently a rare ANSA muffler on Fleabay for the 535i with dual 3 inch pipes. Never had lasting success with the ANSA on my 2002 as mentioned in another post because they typically rust inside out sooner than others. Good price though and it should sound pretty good.
    Willobmw
    1990 535i
    1981 528i
    1975 2002

Default I put an Eisenmann sport on my old 535.....

and removed the center resonator and replaced it with stainless steel straight pipes.....

The wife could always hear me coming from 1/2 mile away. The drone inside the car was worse than the exhaust actually sounded. Maybe if I had left the center resonator in it would have been more tame.

After I get done with the 535iT project, that same exhaust will go on that car. I'll try to take some video when the project is done.....mid Jan. I might be too late by then for your purposes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I have been thinking about replacing my rear muffler with something a bit more "exciting" Does anyone have any video or coud clips of m30 exhaust? I would like some feedback as to what any of you might have tried and how you fele about it.

I like the Billy Boat Tri-Flo Exhaust. It is inperceptible inside the car except during acceleration. But sounds really nice outside the car. It is on sale i think at BavAuto. (no affiliation) otherwise talk to dennis hannes at Billy boat (no affliliation) - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

Default You are talking about a 540 v8 right???

He's looking for 535 application. A buddy of mine has a Tri-Flow on his 1990 535 and I'd say the interior noise is definitely perceptable. In fact, it's a shade below my setup and he has a center resonator whereas I don't.

I think Martin B or Jeff N have a Tri-Flow that they took off their car....they can opine on using this long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Johntee540
    I like the Billy Boat Tri-Flo Exhaust. It is inperceptible inside the car except during acceleration. But sounds really nice outside the car. It is on sale i think at BavAuto. (no affiliation) otherwise talk to dennis hannes at Billy boat (no affliliation) - JT

I have the tri-flow on my 89 535. At dead idle it is pretty quiet.

Driving, it is definitely noticeable inside the car, but not to my mind bothersome unless you have the windows down on the highway: Then the exhaust plus wind noise can be tiring on long drives. It does however sound really cool to hear the back-pressure clear when you lift, almost like a turbo car's boost over-run after a down shift.

Outside is another matter - Its pretty loud. I like it, as I can always hear the car coming when a parking lot attendant is pulling it out of my building's garage. You can also hear it from down the street, but it is a nice rumble, not the nasal buzz that comes out of some kid's "Fast and Furious" four-banger.

two audio clips of mine. i have stock exhaust plus a magnaflow muffler

1st is a jonk type file where the car sits idling and revving (lawlz?)

http://media.putfile.com/idling-exhaust-m30magnaflow

2nd is chasing a buddy on his bike (windows open)

http://media.putfile.com/exhaust-note-02---m30magnaflow

it is a bit loud for my taste, but it's nice and throaty. of course i usually have the music up so loud i can't hear anything anyway
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Default How many miles on your 535 Inc?

Am I hearing a lot of piston slap in that first audio clip?

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    two audio clips of mine. i have stock exhaust plus a magnaflow muffler

1st is a jonk type file where the car sits idling and revving (lawlz?)

http://media.putfile.com/idling-exhaust-m30magnaflow

2nd is chasing a buddy on his bike (windows open)

http://media.putfile.com/exhaust-note-02---m30magnaflow

it is a bit loud for my taste, but it's nice and throaty. of course i usually have the music up so loud i can't hear anything anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast