GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spending habits

Default spending habits

I've just had an interesting look through the 'what do you do for a crust' thread from a while ago. It appears that some on meager incomes have nicely modified cars. Where do you guys find the money??? I run two cars, two kids, a wife(part time work), a mortgage etc etc on a cop wage. I'm scraping to make servicing costs let alone mods. Please tell me how to do it! and no, leaving the wife and kids is not an option.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

Priorities... and, some luck too, like I just won 400 dollars playing online poker. But I know what I make a month, and plan the mods in advance, and save up. Or, there's always that little piece of plastic with a zillion percent interest. Stick with selling drugs. Bling bling.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Beg your parents?

Of course, living at home with no real expenses helps too.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Believe it or not my father owns one of the biggest spare parts dealerships in regional NSW. He's a great help but genuine parts still cost 'genuine' prices.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

For everything else, there's Mastercard...

Quote Originally Posted by wingman
    I've just had an interesting look through the 'what do you do for a crust' thread from a while ago. It appears that some on meager incomes have nicely modified cars. Where do you guys find the money??? I run two cars, two kids, a wife(part time work), a mortgage etc etc on a cop wage. I'm scraping to make servicing costs let alone mods. Please tell me how to do it! and no, leaving the wife and kids is not an option.
    27 and no kids, no wife and no house, no mortgage. Servicing costs are minimal when you do the work yourself. When you go one step further and become a car geek, there's always money around to keep it on the road. How do you do it, you make sacrifices. It also helps when you father gives you the car when you don't have one yourself I'm not complaining. I always say the best car to drive is one that you don't own.

.. and no girlfriend. Life sucks when you have no money.

Do as much yourself as possible. I maintain a fleet of 4 cars, a motorcycle, a boat and a house.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Save, Save, Save...Hide it............. Put away $20 here and $5 there (instead of buying coffee or a soda keep the cash). Make sure it is in $$$$ and put it in a place only you know about, I call it my stash (not the drug type or the one on your upper lip!). You will be suprised how quick it adds up. Plan your mods and do the work yourself... Good luck.

BTW: Wife, 1 child, Mortgage, 3 autos, 2 motorcycles, and a snow board habit.
    Last edited by Badkrma; 12-10-2005 at 09:22 AM.
    535 Rear Wheel Enjoyment

Lots chaeper to buy parts than to make monthly car note payments. And, as much DIY as possible, though time can be a problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast