GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Help with tranny swap wiring plz....

Default Help with tranny swap wiring plz....

I have a 95 e34 525i that I am in the process of swapping the tranny for a 98 M3 ZF320 5-speed & 99 M3 3.2L back to ODB-1. I have the auto out and I am now working on the WIRING. I have tried to solve this on my own but and not still 100% sure what is what. I have tried to sort it out via the Bentley wire diagrams. Can you please ID the numbers in the picture please. Which 2 wires are connected to the tranny for backup. Also any other info. you can provide. I believe that the starter relay gets jumped to neg. via 30-87. How do you suggest to take care of the CCM? Where is the best place to do this? These pic's were taken before the tranny was pulled.

#1. is this the auto gear select switch? If so which 2 wires to the tranny?

#2. this one was not connect to anything??

#3.Brake Light Switch?

#4.
    #5.

Much thanks and any help is better than none!
    Brian
    Last edited by theDogger; 12-10-2005 at 09:26 AM.

Ok I looked at the thread but it still makes no sense. I am looking at the Bentley pg.106-EDW for 91-95 525i, 525 Touring, 530i, 530 Touring, 535i & 540i (4 Speed w/OD) Looking at the TCM at pin #33 it is a BRN/WHT that connects the ATR(Automatic Trans Range Switch) #4 and also goes to the instrument cluster #11. There is no BLU/YEL on the entire page. Not even YEL/BLU. Am I just not looking at the right page?

GALE WROTE:I ran a pair of wires from the reverse switch thru the tunnel & spliced them into the wires for the former auto reverse switch. Blue-yellow rings a bell, you can verify which ones from the schematic in the back of Bentleys.
    Also where is the auto-reverse switch located and which 2 wires. Gale speaks of two from the tranny but only one wire from the auto reverse switch.

Sorry to be such a meathead but I just can't make sense of this for some reason. I am normally notthis dense.

Also what to do about the interlock cable the controls the ignition and key release in the P position?

theDogger
    Last edited by theDogger; 12-10-2005 at 02:32 PM.

Default Did you look after Green/Black and Blue/Yellow wires ...

at connecting plug #1 of your picture?

Green/Black have 12 Vdc from Fuse F12 and Blue/Yellow will light on reverse lamps when connected to Green/Black. Reverse switch at the driver's (left) side of the trany should have two wires, may be some one pulled out the missing wire?

Guess you did already run a wire from Green/Red of same connecting plug #1, to pin 5 of Starter Immobilization Relay.

For the interlock cable, guess you will figure out.

Javier

Guess you did already run a wire from Green/Red of same connecting plug #1, to pin 5 of Starter Immobilization Relay.
    Ok My cars production date is 11/94 I don't believe that I have EWS. So I do not believe that this will be a worry.

Green/Black have 12 Vdc from Fuse F12 and Blue/Yellow will light on reverse lamps when connected to Green/Black. Reverse switch at the driver's (left) side of the trany should have two wires, may be some one pulled out the missing wire?
    Ok found the Grn/Blk wire but can't seem to find the Blu/Yel. On my tranny the switch is on the (right) side it is a ZF320 not a Getrag. The only thing on the tranny when I got it was the switch with 2 terminals. I have the OEM female to plug into it..to keep it clean. Are you saying run 2 wire from the tranny side up and splice them both into the GRN/BLK?

Default Nope, ...

Are you saying run 2 wire from the tranny side up and splice them both into the GRN/BLK?

One should go to Gren/Black, the other to Blue/Yellow, to ease the search for the Blue/Yellow wire, in your #1 connector, (X511 on the drawings), pin 1 is Gren/Red, pin 2 is Blue/White, pin 3 is Brown/Black, and pin 4 is Brown/White, use them for reference, pin 6 is Green/Black, pin 7 is Blue/Yellow, and then pin 8 is Blue/Black.

In your picture, just above the "a" from Illumination I think I see a Blue/Yellow wire, just above the green one.

Attached is a picture of X511 connector per my drawings.

Edit: You either have the starter immobilization or the starter relay to assure you are either in Park or "N" before starting. Per my drawings you have starter immobilization.

Javier
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Javier; 12-11-2005 at 10:32 AM.

OK one more question. For the CCM can I swap a Manual CCM for the auto. Will that not elimnate the Transprogram error. I have a CCM from a manual...
    My auto CCM is #61.35-1388613 and the manual one is 61.35-1388614. would this work?

Can we get a IM session going?
    Messenger:ber1421@yahoo.com
    AIM : dogger2114
    I am on West coast time PST in the US

theDogger