GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow+Supercharged540=DeathWagon

Default Snow+Supercharged540=DeathWagon

Well we got some snow here today in MO and this makes the first time Ive driven the e34 in it. I must say......it really sucks. I cant imagine tring to get anywere without the traction control turned on. I guess I was just a little surprised at how bad it is. I know my car has a little more power than normal, maybe thats why its so bad. Have you ever had to drive an old school camero Z28 like a 84-86 model in the snow? Its like that.....but worse. I dont see how you guys up north get around.......Iam keeping her in the garage.

Yea, I might just to garage mine as well... and its not even supercharged.... However, my problem seems to be more related to the fact that I have been too lazy (stubborn) to switch back to my stock wheels/all performance tires... When Tire Rack states that a tire is "Not Acceptable", they know what they are talking about!
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Quote Originally Posted by dbals
    Well we got some snow here today in MO and this makes the first time Ive driven the e34 in it. I must say......it really sucks. I cant imagine tring to get anywere without the traction control turned on. I guess I was just a little surprised at how bad it is. I know my car has a little more power than normal, maybe thats why its so bad. Have you ever had to drive an old school camero Z28 like a 84-86 model in the snow? Its like that.....but worse. I dont see how you guys up north get around.......Iam keeping her in the garage.

Snow+supercharged 540+good snow tires= yeeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaaaaa!
    Anthony
    03/64 production

'91M5 - 11/90, was mine, it's Jim's now.

I just threw about 210lbs of sand in my trunk and I'm fine in Iowa. We've had 10 or so inches now.

i moved to a city where it snows once every 7-10 years, and then it doesn't stick
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

anybody in texas just learning how to drive on the ice? my buddy is in the army at ft hood and said they pretty much shut down the base yesterday cause no one could drive anywhere. hes from mn and spent the day laughing at the pansies
    -Pekka

i love it, northern cold weather conditioning makes us all laugh when you hear about texas or some **** getting an inch and the state is SHUT DOWN.

it was ice not snow...big difference....also in Central Texas they don't get snow and ice much so no sense getting snow tires...hence when is snows it is a big deal as it would be in MN if no one had the proper tires.....this gets pretty old.

curious about your car.. have you got any photos or videos of it in action? dyno charts? etc?
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Quote Originally Posted by callen
    it was ice not snow...big difference....also in Central Texas they don't get snow and ice much so no sense getting snow tires...hence when is snows it is a big deal as it would be in MN if no one had the proper tires.....this gets pretty old.
    i drive on the same tires year round, im too poor to get dedicated snows right now, (and dont anyone give me the lecture about being too poor NOT to have snows.. ) its knowing HOW to drive on ice and snow. an i understand that you dont know how because you dont have experience, but its still funny
    -Pekka

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast