GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seating Question

Default Seating Question

I know you can put E30 front seats in the E34 with the proper adapters, but would the rear seat work? Anybody tried it? Might be a stupid question, but I'm fearless.

I gotta believe the e30 is narrower than an e34 and that rear seat wouldn't fit properly.

Curt.
    Curt.

1994 530iT (gone but not forgotten since I see it every day!)
    1991 M5

Speaking of the adapters - does anyone know where these can be purchased "off the shelf?" BMP, BAS and other normal sources deny their existence. The fabrication isn't hard, but why reinvent the wheel?

curious why you'd want to do this? i think the e34 has the most comfortable seats i have ever had the pleasure of seating my rump in
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Its just one of those things I guess - I find the stock e34 seats really uncomfortable for some reason, perhaps because I can't get the seat back sufficiently upright while keeping lateral support.

I've had multiple e30 and e28 sport models, so I think I just got really used to the sport seats. If you have a spare set of gray leather fronts from an e34 M5 I'd be happy to swap em with you!

I have tan seats.

And I was just pondering the back seat thing. Just wondering if it were possible...(calculating)

Thanks for the replies.

I do have an addition question though...I believe I am going to install the E30 sport seats in my E34, but as I have power/heated seats, I'm wondering how it's going to pan out. Could I still slide forward/backward? I don't care if the vertical is inoperatable. And could I still tilt forward and raise the seat? I'm a newbie here and I know I'm probably asking all the dumb questions, but cut me some slack. I'm 23 and female. Enough said.

Were you able to find the brackets to put e30 seats into an e34? Would you share the secret with a fellow newbie?

Yeah, there are periodically brackets on e-bay, but I can't tell you of their quality. I was just going to try him out, and if they don't work properly then I'll be on another search or figure it out on my own. (Sometimes I'm a smart cookie). lol

Quote Originally Posted by NY535iManual
    Were you able to find the brackets to put e30 seats into an e34? Would you share the secret with a fellow newbie?

I like the E30 sports seats. My gf's 325 has the heated sport seats, and even though they're worn down I still feel really stable on them. But...my seats are more comfortable for cruising and everyday non-twisty driving. I just wish they were heated.

The E34 rear seat is WAY more comfortable than the E30 one. Plus, E30 coupes are 4 seaters...if those were even the seats you were going to be swapping. No center armrest either.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Yeah, as far as the rear seats go, I was just pondering. I guess while you were posting to this thread, I posted another about some heated e30 seats that I want to swap. But, I don't know a whole lot about it.

And BTW, I LOVE your pic. That's awsome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast