GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need wing mirrors for '95-525i

Default Need wing mirrors for '95-525i

I did a 'great' job of taking off my passenger-side mirror by hitting something as I was parking my car in the garage.

The whole mirror unit came off at the point where it connects to the door. I managed to glue it back on and it is holding so far but I need a replacement.

Since I'm going to replace the passenger side, I might as well replace the driver's side since it does not look that great.

The mirrors are heated and I want the replacements to be heated too. I prefer stock mirrors.

I looked on eBay but I can find only the non-heated mirrors, others have LEDs, etc - none of them stock unfortunately.

Does anyone know where I can find these mirrors? Bruno of bmwe34.net suggested a junk yard - know of any?

Thanks,

Erik
    1995, 5 speed, 525i, 203000km and still ticking!

Rigmaster (Bret Luter) on the forum (do a search, I've posted his contact info a few times).

Ian Sherman @ NEO BMW Breakers -- http://www.neobmwbreakers.com.

Did the allen bolt/washer get pulled through the door sheet metal with the mirror? Is the wiring harness connector still intact (they're two male connectors joined with a dual female, kinda hard to explain)?

All E34/E32 mirrors should have wiring for heat; the glass contains a matrix; the original glass can be swapped to a new mirror body if it's still intact and the replacement mirror is of the same vintage/type as the original. E30 mirrors are different, although they look the same.

Another thing to remember is to get a memory or non memory mirror, depending on what's currently on the car. The harness will physically interchange, but I'm not certain if the servos will work without active input from the potentiometers were you to stick a memory mirror on a non-memory car.

Also, you do know that the mirrors fold in, yes?

best, whit

Aaron in Virginia is parting out a 95 E34 in white... bmw4aaron a t yah00 is his email address

Check the classifieds, theres a set of mirrors for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Did the allen bolt/washer get pulled through the door sheet metal with the mirror? Is the wiring harness connector still intact (they're two male connectors joined with a dual female, kinda hard to explain)?
    The wiring is still intact - in fact, the glued on mirror is still adjustable using the controls on the inside. It's still heated too

The housing is still intact - it literally broke off at the point where it is mounted (where it folds in).

Another thing to remember is to get a memory or non memory mirror,
    Cool..thanks for the tip - my mirrors are non-memory.

Also, you do know that the mirrors fold in, yes?
    Yup, the mirrors fold in. My garage is pretty wide - I just had something hanging on the wall, just finished a 250mile drive and was tired...one thing lead to another

Rigmaster (Bret Luter) on the forum (do a search, I've posted his contact info a few times).
    Thanks!

I have a set of OEM that I am going to put on Ebay later this week. They are heated. They need to be finished and painted to match your car. They have the memory seat function in them. I am putting them on Ebay for $100 and see where it goes from there. Let me know if you have interest - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

Speaking of mirrors...
    My E34's manufacture date is 7/92. Two months later, they changed the mirrors on the factory line (9/92). DOH !. They are wider. They are also cheaper to buy, just the lenses especially. And buying the full mirror pair would be cheaper than replacing the browned heated mirror glasses I have right now (unreal !)

Anybody knows if the more recent mirrors would fit ? I don't see why not, but on Autohaus (www.autohausaz.com), they seem to suggest they would not. Or could I go for a pair of M5's found on e-bay.
    Last edited by BMWDriver; 12-13-2005 at 10:04 AM.

Got some answers for a querry on e-bay :

This one (92-96 mirror version, they say) comes with 4 Pin connector, you can check the connector on your car to double make sure.

The 88-91 version only have 2 pin connector.

Dunno, sounds odd knowing E34 model years are 89-95. Unless the Euro version came out earlier and ended later ?

some markets saw the e34 in 88
    Gone but not forgotten