To all of you that have torn out the stock headunit, speakers, and amp, I need some input as to setting up an awesome audio system in my e34.

Right now there is a crappy setup of amps, speakers, subs, and CD playing capabilities (all aftermarket) that I am going to completely tear out so I can start with a clean slate.

I'm wondering what speakers you guys put up front, and if there is any way of keeping the 3 speaker setup up front, or if you just replace the kickpanel speaker and tweeter, and not use the dashboard mid range speaker.

What are the best components for up front, and what are the best coaxials to put in the rear (if you still use coaxials). I'm thinking of putting in an Alpine 9851 headunit, Alpine or MB Quartz components, and a JL sub/amp in the back (dont' have any coaxials picked out yet).

Would you suggest having the front speakers run on an external amp (say 200-300watt), and have the rears just run directly from the headunit amp, or have all speakers hooked up to an amp?

Any input would be great, sorry for all the questions.