GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: looking for help

Default looking for help

My E30 1984 318i whenever at stand still with clutch pressed or not in gear or neutral it revs at about 1300 rpms and when driving revs up to about 2300 and then starts bucking and wont go past. My guess was in the electrical problems, i changed the plugs,dist,cap,rotar, and i am going to switch the wires. Now every once in a while it goes great still idles high but will rev past 3 through 4. I was looking for someone who knows A. how to change idle speed and B. someone who can figure out why it bucks at 2300 and won't go past.

Another guess was i need a new battery but it seems fine. I have to get it checked out.

Maybe an ECU problem?

let me know

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 84318i
    My E30 1984 318i whenever at stand still with clutch pressed or not in gear or neutral it revs at about 1300 rpms and when driving revs up to about 2300 and then starts bucking and wont go past. My guess was in the electrical problems, i changed the plugs,dist,cap,rotar, and i am going to switch the wires. Now every once in a while it goes great still idles high but will rev past 3 through 4. I was looking for someone who knows A. how to change idle speed and B. someone who can figure out why it bucks at 2300 and won't go past.

Another guess was i need a new battery but it seems fine. I have to get it checked out.

Maybe an ECU problem?

let me know

Bill

----- hmmm found i did the answer for you. look at the roundel you must, hmmm a door to find below you will. the force is stong at a dealership, jedi techs must take the car. concentrate you must on spending money.

Quote Originally Posted by YODA 1
    ----- hmmm found i did the answer for you. look at the roundel you must, hmmm a door to find below you will. the force is stong at a dealership, jedi techs must take the car. concentrate you must on spending money.
    Yoda... don't make me come kick your ass again....

Have a look into the online parts catalog, type in your VIn and search under engine,
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
    I assume that there is a idle control valve that might need cleaning, airleaks in intake system.