GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Need your input! Need Clutch

Default Need your input! Need Clutch

Hey all. I have an a 95 540i with a ESS super on it. It's suppost to run about 420hp. Last weekend I ran got a little pissed off (damn women) and ran the car a little too hard........ok, a lot too hard. I pulled a hard first, second, third tires smoken, revs running all out burn out away from my house. Well, I think the clutch got the most of the workout. Needless to say the car stunk of burnt clutch for a day or so, and I can feel it in driving it that it doesnt pull exactly the same. Feels like it doesnt pick up as quickly.....like I have less pedal to work with. Anyway, I know sooner or later and if I do something stupid like that again it will be sooner, I am going to need a new clutch. So, I would like everyones opinions on what to go with and cost would be nice as well. I am pretty mechanical and would do the job myself. Remember the car is in the 400hp range so I would like to have something that could take the abuse.
    thanks for your input
    -drew

Hey Drew, you might have just glazed the clutch a bit. Try to drive easier for a few hundred miles and the glazing should take care of itself.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

You didn't source a limited slip diffrential with the supercharged 540?
    When I've tried that in the supacharged m3, with less hp, the things tried to punt me off the road. It does have limited slip.
    My understanding is that the 850csi clutch is a good upgrade to the v8 clutch.
    How 'bout some pictures of the more potent e34 for the board?
    erased due to slander