GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Left rear door is deadlocked and...

Default Left rear door is deadlocked and...

the right side doors and trunk will unlock for about 1 sec after the key is inserted into the either side keyslide. The left front door tries to unlock and lock but usually remains unlocked all the time. As far as getting the left rear door to open, I think I can handle that, but I'm wondering exactly where the problem is...the left front or the left rear accuator? Opinions/suggestions would be appreciated. (BTW, while I was getting a head gasket replaced at the dealer ship, they quoted me about 1k to fit the locks. Of course, I was blown away).

Ah, no one can help?

Pop the door panels off, its really easy, and check out the actuators. My locks were f-ed up too, but it wasn't a big deal, just needed some good old wd-40 and a few kind words of encouragement (read: "car, you better ****ing work or else...).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Default Thanks angry...

I know how I can get the door panel off the deadlocked door, but I don't know what's going on with the automatic re-locking mechanism that's going on. Even if I reach over to the passenger side and pull the lock up both passenger doors (and the trunk) will unlock for about a second (long enough to yell at someone to open the door so I don't have to stretch accross the car anymore), then lock back. Can all that be caused by just a bad accuator? Anyone else had this problem before?

This sounds like your locks are out of sync, do a search as I think I’ve scene the solution covered in detail on here before. Not entirely sure what the cause is but I would start with the actuators. Replace them, there a well know fault, unfortunately the later type can be worse than the earlier models! My front passenger door goes out of sync if I have to unlock manually (ie dead battery)

I had the same problem with the rear door dead locked shut. I’m afraid the only solution is brut force. Remove as much of the weather strip as possible first and Pull the armrest handle towards you and upwards. You will here and feel the white plastic clip in the centre come away. Once it’s lose, their should be just enough flex in the door card for it to be pull/yanked off! Mine came away with out damage.(suspect more luck than skill!)

Quote Originally Posted by jenfly00
    I know how I can get the door panel off the deadlocked door, but I don't know what's going on with the automatic re-locking mechanism that's going on. Even if I reach over to the passenger side and pull the lock up both passenger doors (and the trunk) will unlock for about a second (long enough to yell at someone to open the door so I don't have to stretch accross the car anymore), then lock back. Can all that be caused by just a bad accuator? Anyone else had this problem before?

Default Thanks for the advice :)

I'm not to worried about the door panel's condition. (I'm in the market for some replacements--especially for the back). But, thanks so much for the reply. I'm going to repace the accuators in both left side doors and see if that does it.

Thanks again!

Do a search on door locks and you'll find a miriad of answers for all sorts of lock gremlins. I sorted my problem out this way. As for door trim there is a site called 'realoem' or something which has part numbers and prices. VERY expensive!!!
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

Thanks. I see what all I can find.

if one of the micro switches are off they will open then close or close open them closeautomaticly. theres lots of info on this with a search but it comes down to isolating the bastard switch and adjusting it just a tiny bit to cure the problems.

sounds difficult but finding the culprit switchis the hardest part.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy