GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: I need snow/all season tires

Default I need snow/all season tires

Well, we have finally had our first big snow, and after realizing just how little traction these tires I have on now have in the snow, its time to pick up some snow tires. I don't want to buy new tires since I will be here for only 6 weeks of the winter. Anyone happen to have 2 265/40/18 and 2 245/40/18....
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Quote Originally Posted by saj3n
    Well, we have finally had our first big snow, and after realizing just how little traction these tires I have on now have in the snow, its time to pick up some snow tires. I don't want to buy new tires since I will be here for only 6 weeks of the winter. Anyone happen to have 2 265/40/18 and 2 245/40/18....

Gonna be hard to find a set of 18" snows or all seasons. Most people go back to 16" or 17" MAX in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Gonna be hard to find a set of 18" snows or all seasons. Most people go back to 16" or 17" MAX in the winter.
    True.... This would explain the problem I have been having trying to locate some. Makes me want to powdercoat my original 15" wheels black...
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

just put them on anyways, better to look shitty than to wreck the car
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by saj3n
    True.... This would explain the problem I have been having trying to locate some. Makes me want to powdercoat my original 15" wheels black...

Thats how that would look

Saj3n, need to talk to you about getting that work done for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K

Thats how that would look

Saj3n, need to talk to you about getting that work done for you!
    Hmm not too shabby at all... Definately going to see about getting that done. to my wheels. happen to know of a shop around with reasonable prices?

About that work, radiator, struts, for right now....

If you're in a hurry, slap snows on the original wheels now, and worry about their color when wpring comes...

Quote Originally Posted by Karl
    If you're in a hurry, slap snows on the original wheels now, and worry about their color when wpring comes...
    The originals actually already have snow/all season tires on them.

So what's the problem then? Just put them on. Who cares how they look. People drive e34s on stock wheels all the time, and they're doing ok ...

Yep. I agree... just throw those stockers on..
    I'm sort of in the same boat.. I've got some worn snow tires on my stockers (well one of the two sets I have).. I have to get some new ones by the end of the month..
    But those black stockers look pretty nice. I think maybe I'll look into that. I can take the worn all seasons off my second set and have them done over the winter and then next summer move my snows to the black ones, and then get a set of good summer tires on some style 5s if I can find some in my budget.

Where did you guys have the wheels done in black? DIY, or pro? Powdercoat or paint?
    1990 535i - 5 spd - Red on black - LSD
    Mods: EAT chip, Sachs Sports Kit, Racing King Subframe Inserts, staggered M-Parallels (replicas) with BFGoodrich g-Force Sports.