GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: brake pads worn?

Default brake pads worn?

Is there a way to check if my brake pads nees to be replaced without taking them to the brake shop or taking off the wheel? Thanks!

edwin
    92 525iA

Quote Originally Posted by nuwde
    Is there a way to check if my brake pads nees to be replaced without taking them to the brake shop or taking off the wheel?
    umm.. you can take the wheel off and check..seriously its not that difficult. If you are getting a brake wear message then you are worn all the way to the brake pad sensor need new pads and rotors
    -Pekka

one side can wear more than the other too, why cant you take the wheels off again?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by nuwde
    Is there a way to check if my brake pads nees to be replaced without taking them to the brake shop or taking off the wheel? Thanks!

edwin
    hmmm, well you don't have to necessarily take them to a "brake shop"... and you don't necessarily have to "take off the wheels"... but you do need to be able to see them. If you can't see them without taking your wheels off...then sadly...you must remove them.

It would be like trying to figure out if your a$$ was clean ...sort of hard to do without "looking"...see what I mean.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Default Karnac the magnificent could do it..

Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7
    hmmm, well you don't have to necessarily take them to a "brake shop"... and you don't necessarily have to "take off the wheels"... but you do need to be able to see them. If you can't see them without taking your wheels off...then sadly...you must remove them.

It would be like trying to figure out if your a$$ was clean ...sort of hard to do without "looking"...see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7

thanks for the replies everyone.

btw, i usually do not look at my butt to see if it's clean. kinda hard for me. i do it by touch.
    92 525iA