GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Radio & CD Player - What would you do?

Default Radio & CD Player - What would you do?

Dear all,

I would appreciate your expert opinions on this little but major decision to make.

I am 2 weeks old in enjoying my 95 540iT which I placed an order of from Japan about 2 months ago. Having been exposed to sushi , the car's audio set up is for the 78 to 90Mhz only on FM band. Additionally, the CD magazine (Pioneer CDXM30) was missing. Ergo: 3 problems

a. The radio is not tuned for the MiddleEast
    b. The CD changer couldnt be operated
    c. I dont have cassette tapes anymore

I have also noticed that the radio system of the 95 540iT sounded pale (weaker) compared to the system installed on my 91 535i

Yesterday...I had a knee jerk reaction and bidded on ebay.uk for a KEH-M9300RDS with a CDXM30 (simply because it had 2 CD magazines together with the package) and won.

I was thinking of just using the CD magazines and keeping the CDXM30 as a spare. Doing this would solve problems B&C

Would you however ever consider installing this high-end radio?

Or would you stay pure and instead consider on looking for a Pioneer-BMW head unit that will match the existing systems wiring?

Thank you all for your time!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by SLEX Runner; 12-05-2005 at 04:53 AM.
    Ken F.

'91 535i
    '95 540iT
    '02 C180
    '01 CBR600F4i

ur not focused mate, first do want to keep what u have or do u want to upgrade? u can buy from bahrain(where u got it) they r very cheap, but if u have oem amp then u have to chose a head unit that fits the wiring... finally go for mp3 head unit plsyers with a radio and probably ur antenna amplifire is not connected.

Grave77,

Thanks for the reply.

Your right about just getting a head unit here in Bahrain...but the wiring will be different (from the OEM) and I am more fearful of messing things up. Secondly, aesthetics will be an issue as amber displays on newer head units are beginning to be rare.

I particularly chose to get a (Pioneer) head unit built in the same era as the CDXM30 originally installed on my car wishful thinking that if I do decide to install the head unit I recently bought: a) it has amber illumination; and b) the CD changer control wiring of this head unit will be a perfect match thus I can keep the same CD changer functional.
    Ken F.

'91 535i
    '95 540iT
    '02 C180
    '01 CBR600F4i

thats a good idea ... till the fittings behind ur stereo is already modified mate !! ... so u dont need to worry ... if u like since ur close by u can gimmy a call on my fone and I can assist u for sure ... I have messed up with the stereo with many options ... I can tell u what u need for sure ... email me if ur interested