GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pros/Bill R/Winfred Need help with coolant temp and intake air temp sensors

Default Pros/Bill R/Winfred Need help with coolant temp and intake air temp sensors

ok this is a little unique. I am putting my MegaSquirt standalone fuel ECU in soon. I am tapping into the stock coolant temperature and intake air temperature sensors rather than fabricate new ones. However, the stock ECU bias resistor comes into play. There is a method for figuring out the resistance of everything by means of... some math problem that I haven't looked into yet. My question for the pro's: I don't want to remove my stock sensor because then I will need to refill the cooling system and we all know how annoying it is to get the air out again. What I want to know is, is there any way I can find out what vdo/bosch sensors (part number) are on the car without removing either? Is there a part number look up based on RealOem or BMA parts catalog? Also, does anyone know how many (1 or 2) and what resistance the stock ecu BIAS resistors are? Thanks for looking.

the question wasent for me, but i looked anyways, and im sorry i did, cause now you see you have a reply, but i give to you no anwsers, because i simply dont know, sorry bud, best of luck with it, love yer ride.

BTW did you want to look into sending me a cardboard cutout of yer S/C mount, i know we talked about it, but nothing ever stemed from there, i can imagine it would be a hassel for you, let me know. good luck

kyle

Yeah i will have to do that, do you think you can get it cut in 3/8" aluminum? I realized I don't even need you to drill it, I can do that. I just need it 3/8" aluminum and cut.

humm, i dont know, when i look at the rack it see it all in gauge (18 guage ect...), i dont really know the translation. ill try n find out, now big is it, cant be that big, right... maybe 1.5 feet long, 9 inches wide (that is to generalize it into a rectangle)

i'd say 1' x 1' roughly. 3/8" thick isnt a gauge.. i dont really know, it'd be like 2 gauge. if that.

are you in love with aluminum for any reason, i nkow we deal mostly in steal, the scraps of stral are abundent, where as it would be hard to come by a scrap peice of aluminum that size, well not so much that size, but thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    are you in love with aluminum for any reason, i nkow we deal mostly in steal, the scraps of stral are abundent, where as it would be hard to come by a scrap peice of aluminum that size, well not so much that size, but thickness.
    i could use steel.. in fact, sure, steel would work just fine. It will also bring my front wheel gap down.

what flavor of motor m20/30/50/60? swapping coolent sensors actually is not a big deal when done at the right time, when cold loosen cap to releave any pressure then tighten and now you can replace the sensor and only loose a few drops of coolent, with nothing to break the vacuum the coolent will stay in the motor. if you tell me year and model i can tell you the current part# for the sensor. i am thinking about building a ultra megasquirt for my e30 when i get around to building a bad motor for it, but who knows when that will be every time i get close to starting something comes up
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

how can it bring the wheel gap down? and i was just thinking maybe you could send me a cad drawing if you have that handy?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    what flavor of motor m20/30/50/60? swapping coolent sensors actually is not a big deal when done at the right time, when cold loosen cap to releave any pressure then tighten and now you can replace the sensor and only loose a few drops of coolent, with nothing to break the vacuum the coolent will stay in the motor. if you tell me year and model i can tell you the current part# for the sensor. i am thinking about building a ultra megasquirt for my e30 when i get around to building a bad motor for it, but who knows when that will be every time i get close to starting something comes up
    winfred, its a '92 M50 non vanos... 9/91 E34 525i manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast