GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Is there ANY way this could work with my car?

Default Is there ANY way this could work with my car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-O...QQcmdZViewItem

The A/M switch looks like it could pop out and my S/E/M swtich could go in.

'Course, this is for a 5-speed tranny and mine's a 4, but maybe that won't matter. I don't need the gear indicator to work, though it would be nice if it lit up.

Would require a bit of cutting, but I'm sure it could work. Or is it too wide for the E34 center console?

Nevermind. It is too wide (though I would still love to find a way to use that leather boot and upright shifter):

Last edited by Jay 535i; 11-29-2005 at 06:35 PM.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Get a part number or the vin from the car and look up the part number on realoem parts search board to see if it's interchangeable with your year/model. You might also consider buying the whole console assembly that it fits into.

Quote Originally Posted by GAM
    Get a part number or the vin from the car and look up the part number on realoem parts search board to see if it's interchangeable with your year/model. You might also consider buying the whole console assembly that it fits into.
    It's from an E38, so I'm sure it wouldn't fit without serious modification/creativity.

1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

There is an upright lever upgrade. A 5-spd
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

There is a direct swap to fit an upright handle in place of the pistol grip, but you miss out on the leather and nicer surround.

a nice upgrade i just did (i like it) was to replace the rubber/vinyl shifter plate (like you have) with a wood one from a 1995 525i. my slider had been broken since i bought the car, so when i saw vines had one for tres cheap, i had to get it. it has the much nicer big letters for the PND321, not the small GM looking letters like your console (or my old one) have, and it will fit the 4hp22 and 4l30e shifters. the best thing about it, the wood goes along nicely with the all black interior, giving the car a kind of hand built british car/jaguar feel to it. cost was $25 for the plate, slider, and a/m switch from vines ebay store.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

It would probably require a lot of modification to get it to work.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I really like the T-handle more than the ... whatever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    a nice upgrade i just did (i like it) was to replace the rubber/vinyl shifter plate (like you have) with a wood one from a 1995 525i. my slider had been broken since i bought the car, so when i saw vines had one for tres cheap, i had to get it. it has the much nicer big letters for the PND321, not the small GM looking letters like your console (or my old one) have, and it will fit the 4hp22 and 4l30e shifters. the best thing about it, the wood goes along nicely with the all black interior, giving the car a kind of hand built british car/jaguar feel to it. cost was $25 for the plate, slider, and a/m switch from vines ebay store.
    Got a pic?

1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

please keep in mind, i've driven about 1k miles (1600 km) in the car in the last week, ive eaten meals in there, its filthy, i know

the pic is blurry and really doesn't do it justice. i find myself staring at the plate when i drive the car now, its really a focal point, and is a very nice accent.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."