GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rubber floor mats

Default rubber floor mats

I've done a search and checked out every supplier I could find who sells rubber floor mats. Was ready to order the WeatherTechs when I saw an old post from "bighc2000" saying he had the OEM rubber mats from BMA and loved them. I checked with Patrick who said he could special order them:

Front Rubber mats - 51 47 9 400 882 - $76.00 (black)
    Rear rubber mats - 51 47 9 400 883 - $45.00 (black)

My question is if bighc or anyone else has a picture of them or could tell me whether or not they hold a lot of snow and stuff like the WeatherTechs. We get a lot of snow and I plan on driving through the winter. I know these are pricey, but I like that they're OEM. -Rich

Bavauto -about $50 front/rear
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

The Bavauto ones aren't OE, are they?

Be careful with the WeatherTechs, I have a set in my wife's 4Runner and they fit perfect, but I ordered a set for a past A4 and they were huge. When I called them they rudely informed me that I would need to "trim" them to fit. We're talking about "trimming" about half of the floormat, which is a joke for $110. After fighting with them for quite some time they took them back, but I had to eat the shipping. They will never get my business again.

If you search on "floormats" or "rubber floormats" there's an old thread with pics of the OE rubber ones, they look pretty nice. Definitely what I'll be purchasing soon.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Default Circle bmw has the factory rubber ones, they hold a

good amount of junk and muck , as much as the weather tech's do... Here's a link to the page on circle bmw's website that lists them... I bought the factory rubber ones for my e46, they come in colors to match the interior, the only complaint i have about them is that the stink... The rubber has a smell to it.. not a new tire smell either, a chemical smell. I aired them out outside for a month before i put them in the e46 and there are still traces of that smell, I guess they outgass for a long time. Here is the link to Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Picatavi
    I've done a search and checked out every supplier I could find who sells rubber floor mats. Was ready to order the WeatherTechs when I saw an old post from "bighc2000" saying he had the OEM rubber mats from BMA and loved them. I checked with Patrick who said he could special order them:

Front Rubber mats - 51 47 9 400 882 - $76.00 (black)
    Rear rubber mats - 51 47 9 400 883 - $45.00 (black)

My question is if bighc or anyone else has a picture of them or could tell me whether or not they hold a lot of snow and stuff like the WeatherTechs. We get a lot of snow and I plan on driving through the winter. I know these are pricey, but I like that they're OEM. -Rich

Here's the thread with the pics of the OE ones.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...bber+floormats
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Default They are not OE

They are german and made for the e34. I have had a set for two years and seem to work fine. However, there are no cut-outs for mat lock. However, the "holes" are there and can be opened up for some sort of mat lock. Not sure which type of lock would work.

FYI, I have a Weathertech trunk mat which is a perfect fit.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Which ones aren't OE Russel, the Bavauto ones? The ones in the above thread are OE, and have the locks included.
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

I have them too and happy with them. They have holes which work with the pins on the carpet floor.
    Russell, don't you have pins on your floor for holding oem matts?

Ken

Default Good point -Yes I do- but

However, I just thought the rubber mat would slip off the pins. I assumed I would need some sort of round "clip" to fit on the pins for them to stay in position.

Quote Originally Posted by zuzuk212
    I have them too and happy with them. They have holes which work with the pins on the carpet floor.
    Russell, don't you have pins on your floor for holding oem matts?

Ken
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    However, I just thought the rubber mat would slip off the pins. I assumed I would need some sort of round "clip" to fit on the pins for them to stay in position.
    Not that I know of ... I haven't had them slip off yet ... had them for a year without a problem.
    Ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast