GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Code 1222 - Lambda Control

Default Code 1222 - Lambda Control

today after a cruise on the freeway in blistering temps (+13F) I stop and get a code 1222... Thinking deja vu of last years intake leaks, I didnt replace the front plate gasket. I reboot and get the code again within 2 minutes, thing isnt even hot enough to be using the O2 sensors.

I decided even tho its highly improbable but maybe the plastic boot cracked or something. I poke around and see one of the boots clamps...how the hell did I tighten that thing?

Reach around to find the screw part...found the problem.

Never assume anything!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

as they say at the guinness brewery, "brilliant!"

Code 1221 today....sigh.

50k on spark plugs too long?
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 11-25-2005 at 02:58 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Another reboot and off I go on my merry way, this time I do not idle anywhere, just go go go. No CEL runs real good...paranoid of getting stuck at a light as Idling seems to throw the code.

Anyways 120ish miles and NO code yet. Still dont feel comfortable with an idle situation. When I did get stuck at a light on the way back it idled smooth as silk and a notch above 500RPMs...no light.

I'm so far amazed at all the money this repair has cost.

ZERO

Just a matter of time.

bump
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Good for you Jeff, maybe that's all she needed was some go, go, go...and yes, I believe that it's also time to change the plugs, you'll be lucky if there's an electrode left. It might even run better....=)

HAHAHA...I was wondering if I was dreaming this or actually posting. Whats the average time to replace these plugs? I read somewhere that 40k is the mark and another is 100k (unbelievable) none the less I figured id give the ol Bosch a testing period. Codes suck so I'll go ahead and see a new set soon. I'm sure if they are real interesting looking I'll post a few pics for everyone (what not to do).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Good for you Jeff, maybe that's all she needed was some go, go, go...and yes, I believe that it's also time to change the plugs, you'll be lucky if there's an electrode left. It might even run better....=)
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Jeff,
    Ever figure out if if was the plugs or somehting else?
    My 540i is doing exactly the same thing. I rebooted.
    I'm working my way down to the plugs, and O2 sensors, which are 2Kmiles new. I did find a small intake leak, reset the clamp, and now my puter throws a code when I get to a light at idle. Otherwise it runs great. especially in S4 or S3 mode.

Ramon
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Hi.

Don't mean to sound dumb. But what does code 1220 mean, and where are you getting this info??????

do a internet search on bmw check engine codes and you should be able to find all you wanted to know including how to get them with the gas pedal/check engine light

Quote Originally Posted by miniman_7
    Hi.

Don't mean to sound dumb. But what does code 1220 mean, and where are you getting this info??????
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

it's going to come up as that's usually the worst one for leaking after the rear plate itself

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Thinking deja vu of last years intake leaks, I didnt replace the front plate gasket
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast