GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tranny Oil Change

Default Tranny Oil Change

Hi Bimmer Nuts
    I'm the Shudder in Reverse guy. I changed the oil, put in a new filter, gasket and cleaned her up. Replaced what came out with OEM oil and next day took her for a 1000 km run - with my fingers crossed! So far so good - one week later, no shudder, smoother shifts, a bit more power, less noise and generally it feels terrific. OK, it's early days but things look good - good enough for me to think that I should change it every year from now on - for $200 Aussie bucks, what's the problem.
    Moral of the story: bite the bullet and change the tranny oil and don't be put off about the horror stories - BMs are supposed to have a long life - my feeling is that it's best not to shorten it by leaving crud oil in.

The recommendation for ZF transmissions is change fluid/filter every 30k miles. I'm glad it has helped!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I changed my fluid last weekend, what a big difference! Shifts are smoother and faster while giving it more power and responsiveness than ever before.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

did you flush it or just add what came out? You did change the filter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I changed my fluid last weekend, what a big difference! Shifts are smoother and faster while giving it more power and responsiveness than ever before.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    I changed the gasket and filter and replaced what came out with valvoline mercon3/dexron.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Sweet! Good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I changed the gasket and filter and replaced what came out with valvoline mercon3/dexron.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

what fluid did you use ken?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in Australia
    Hi Bimmer Nuts
    I'm the Shudder in Reverse guy. I changed the oil, put in a new filter, gasket and cleaned her up. Replaced what came out with OEM oil and next day took her for a 1000 km run - with my fingers crossed! So far so good - one week later, no shudder, smoother shifts, a bit more power, less noise and generally it feels terrific. OK, it's early days but things look good - good enough for me to think that I should change it every year from now on - for $200 Aussie bucks, what's the problem.
    Moral of the story: bite the bullet and change the tranny oil and don't be put off about the horror stories - BMs are supposed to have a long life - my feeling is that it's best not to shorten it by leaving crud oil in.
    Had mine changed today. Dropped the pan changed the filter, cleaned everything and replaced just what came out. Car is running smooth. I also had the differential fluid changed today too. Both were long overdue, but they're done now. Final fluids to flush are the power steering and brake fluid.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Thanks Regal
    Changed what came out - with new filter and pan gasket - cleaned the crub out of the pan and cleaned the magnets. Go for it - hope you have the same luck as I had.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    what fluid did you use ken?
    Love all your posts Kriss - read them every time

Shell, as recommended in the back of the maual manual - gonna do it every year.

Good luck - was up in Sydney last week - I love it but our restaurtants in Melbourne are way better - and cheaper!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast