GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Getting front window back in the tracks

Default Getting front window back in the tracks

From the time I bought my car about 6 months ago I've never had any problems with the power windows. I use them frequently, about 2-3 times per day. When I got to work one morning last week I felt a strange tug when closing the door. My door stop has been broken since buying the car but I haven't had any related problems besides the door not staying put. When I got in the car later that day I found that the window would only go down about 1/2 way before stopping. Fortunately it still closes.

Fast forward to today where I have pulled the door panel and found that the window has simply jumped off the front door track. I guess the door stop caught it and twisted it enough to pop it off the track. I pulled a good portion of the rubber track out of the metal track and the window now goes completely down however it is not inside the rubber. I think the metal track is not yet messed up. Any ideas on how to get the window back inside the rubber track? I've been trying to push it around with the window fully up but there simply is not enough room to work way back in there.

Nevermind. Figured it out. I popped the window sliders out from the scissor arms so I could move the window manually and then tilted the window forward until I had enough clearance to place it back in the tracks. Took a bit of persuasion but I finally got it. Window now works fine.

The sliders look pretty bad however so I'll be picking some up from the dealer tomorrow.

BTW how hard is it to fix the door stop? The sheetmetal around the stop is all broken off so I'm thinking body shop that can weld a new piece in place.
    Last edited by FiveOJester; 11-22-2005 at 03:03 AM.

check these guys for the door stop fix:Koala Motorsports
    -Pekka