GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Scratched paint work

Default Scratched paint work

I'm a first timer. Just imported a525i from Japan The paint has what looks like brush marks over it looks to me that it has spent its life in a car wash. Can any one tell me what I can use to cover these imperfections? I noticed that when i spilt some vynil cleaner on it the scratches disappeared.

just get ur self a soft wax box and give it wax. I own one from japan most of them suffer this problem due to sun and humidity. a waxing job will make it almost dissappear.
    one other advice is to change all rubber parts ( transmission supports, engine supports, bushings, maybe u need to change brake disks ) I noticed that most of car from jappan need those changes.
    good luck with ur new car ... Dubai is the No.1 importer for jappanese cars.

Default Detail the paint

Get a full detail job on the paint. Have them do athorough buffing/polishing to remove the scratches and swirl marks and seal the paint with carnuaba wax or synthetic wax. I fyou want to do the work yourself, check on Roadfly's detailing forum. Lot of great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by old bob
    I'm a first timer. Just imported a525i from Japan The paint has what looks like brush marks over it looks to me that it has spent its life in a car wash. Can any one tell me what I can use to cover these imperfections? I noticed that when i spilt some vynil cleaner on it the scratches disappeared.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    Get a full detail job on the paint. Have them do athorough buffing/polishing to remove the scratches and swirl marks and seal the paint with carnuaba wax or synthetic wax. I fyou want to do the work yourself, check on Roadfly's detailing forum. Lot of great advice.

Thanks for that info will be a busy old man this weekend