GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Cold air leaking with closed center vent

Default Cold air leaking with closed center vent

I think I have a center vent issue. I had it last winter now I want to fix it.

Even after I shut the center vents off, completely shut off the center slider lever and the side window vents, turn the temperature knob between the center vents to warm, I get cold air seeping out around the vents. I also get some cold air seeping out around the large dash grill even though off. I almost need to wear gloves to keep my hands warm!

I am guessing an actuator/stepper motor is not turning off a vent flap as it should? If so, which one should I check and what is the best way to approach the problem? I understand there are many actuators and some are in difficult places to reach.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default Not sure this is the problem

When I turn the dial between the vents,the air does warm up. However, not by much. the dial does seem to work fine for the AC to moderate cool air.Still not sure anything is even wrong.

Thanks for the advice. However, I do not believe I want to take my dash apart to fix even if a broken flapper is the problem. Rather daunting to think I could do it it on a weekend on a daily driver.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment