GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you do doggies?

Default Do you do doggies?

This falls under the "WTF!!" category of things that are difficult to believe.

I was just driving to work in very slow moving, bumper-to-bumper traffic. I love it, it's one of my favorite twice daily activities. So I get behind a brand new 745i. With the "new and improved" rear end they are really good looking vehicles. It's all black with sharp looking black rims with brushed chrome rings on them. All polished and looking quite "executive-pimped".

Then I notice it. Through the rear window I see the driver's head and another pair of ears in the backseat. Pointed ears. Up pops the outline of a very large German Shepherd. HUH?? The dudes driving a new seven and his dog is walking back and forth on the leather seats?! I know there are some sorts of doggie mats available, and I hope he had one, but really.....!? I've had dogs when I was younger, but I've never been one to have one drive with me on a regular basis. I can see in the F150 maybe, or the '74 Volvo wagon, or even the Odyssey with the kids on the way to football practice. But a new friggin' 745i?

What do you all do if you're dog owners? We are all familiar with Dave M and Oscar, but I'm thinking he goes in the truck most of the time, right? I know that a dog is man's best friend...(except if your brother in law happens to be a BMW Certified Mechanic that is)...but:

Do you or would you let your dog ride in the E34? Those of you who do, what side effects do you experience? Scratches, drool, doggie-smell, worse??

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs......some more than alot of people I know, just not enough to wreck a brand new $60-70k car.

Brian C.
    woof
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

Default My wife and I have gotten into our most heated arguments over this...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C.

I was just driving to work in very slow moving, bumper-to-bumper traffic. I love it, it's one of my favorite twice daily activities. So I get behind a brand new 745i. With the "new and improved" rear end they are really good looking vehicles. It's all black with sharp looking black rims with brushed chrome rings on them. All polished and looking quite "executive-pimped".

Then I notice it. Through the rear window I see the driver's head and another pair of ears in the backseat. Pointed ears. Up pops the outline of a very large German Shepherd. HUH?? The dudes driving a new seven and his dog is walking back and forth on the leather seats?! I know there are some sorts of doggie mats available, and I hope he had one, but really.....!? I've had dogs when I was younger, but I've never been one to have one drive with me on a regular basis. I can see in the F150 maybe, or the '74 Volvo wagon, or even the Odyssey with the kids on the way to football practice. But a new friggin' 745i?

What do you all do if you're dog owners? We are all familiar with Dave M and Oscar, but I'm thinking he goes in the truck most of the time, right? I know that a dog is man's best friend...(except if your brother in law happens to be a BMW Certified Mechanic that is)...but:

Do you or would you let your dog ride in the E34? Those of you who do, what side effects do you experience? Scratches, drool, doggie-smell, worse??

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs......some more than alot of people I know, just not enough to wreck a brand new $60-70k car.

Brian C.
    woof
    ...she insisted on taking her car one day to drop the pooch off at the vet, since the other carseat was in my E30, not in the Explorer. She said she'd put down blankets in the backseat. I was yelling "NO!NO!NO!" into the phone receiver. I got up from my desk, got in my car, and flew home to transfer my seat to the Explorer and haul the dog. There was no way I was going to let her put that hairy mutt in the E34...
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Default I have some customers who are well off by my standards anyway who have

3 dogs and typically at least 2 of the dogs go with them everywhere they go... in every new car they've owned.. all with leather interiors. little scratch marks on every seat. But they love their dogs and don't care, its only a car. even the new lexus sc430

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C.

Brian C.
    woof

Cut two holes in a thick wool blanket and slip it over the rear headrests (if you have them). You can tuck the blanky into little crevaces at the sides and it stays put quite well. Oskar IS a pig and does a lot of field work with me, so I do have have sand that creeps through to the seats. Akso, theres the drool factor, but when you get at it quickly, its like free armor all

I'm not saying its for everyone, but in life, there are priorities. I choose my "best friend" over having to refinish my seats more frequently

Just cuz i love dogs, heres another pic of Oskar in the back of the work truck with his daily dear leg he finds in the bush.

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Default Well...............

Since Oskar is just so damn handsome, he'd be my ONLY exception.

And I guess your right, about "your best friend" and the seats. Most pets that I've had were better friends to me than many humans I've known.

It was just that bea-u-ti-ful 745..........

Brian C.
    There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept. -
    .............Ansel Adams

i dont do doggies
    -Pekka

In my touring I just put the seats down and lay down a thick wool blanket. And recently after stopping short for a deer and having poochie fly into the front seat, I now lift up the mesh fencing cargo barrier. Poochie loves the double sunroof too.
    '95 525it 88k

Default That's why I drive a touring

More doggie room. Just have to clean up the nose prints off the inside windows.

Paul L

I just put the dogs in the back seats... I do have the velour seats, so the dogs can't really hurt them, plus they're so well behaved that they just sit there. It only happens a couple of times a year to take them to the vet. People that think their dogs need to come with them to social occasions all the time should really think about their priorities....

whaddaboput doggie in the back seat? thas another way to stain them seats. HA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast