GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apexi Power Intake Filter

Default Apexi Power Intake Filter

I know the article is six years old. They say the Apexi Power Intake Filter kicks arse. Have other members heard of this air filter before?

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

are there better / larger ones around. I always thought Winfred's one was quite large.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    I always thought Winfred's one was quite large.
    That's the rumor....

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    That's the rumor....
    OMFG, this board is really going in the wrong direction, and Jeff is the one to blame!

Edit: After giving it a second thought, Jeff & Gayle combination is responsible - Jeff was a pretty quite and humble guy before she came
    Last edited by Interceptor; 11-17-2005 at 02:08 AM.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Apexi is one of the best in performance filters money can buy. All jap tuners use this **** or HkS filters. It filters better than a K&N, but it costs more too. For turbo/blower engines this is the **** to buy, just aslong as you make a usefull heat-shield around it.

As for larger ones being around, mine is 20 inches long and 8 inches thick.....

this is what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose
    Apexi is one of the best in performance filters money can buy. All jap tuners use this **** or HkS filters. It filters better than a K&N, but it costs more too. For turbo/blower engines this is the **** to buy, just aslong as you make a usefull heat-shield around it.

As for larger ones being around, mine is 20 inches long and 8 inches thick.....
    Long time no hear Jose, thanks dude.

Kris,

The K&N filters are used in the APACHE helicopters in the wars. Thats good enough for my car. It certainly flows well and when used with heatshield will bleed off "stop light" heat soak in 2 mins. I have measured that with two digi temps in my setup during my headshielf design.

Hi Frankie, I haven't heard many good comments from K&N though with regards to its filtering abilities.

Unless you change the air flow meter for a mass air flow sensor, any filter/induction kit will have very little effect on the performance of your car. Its the air flow meter inlet and outlet that causes the restriction of air flow to the engine. Will give a nice roar when you plant the throttle though!

Quote Originally Posted by octanejunkie
    Unless you change the air flow meter for a mass air flow sensor, any filter/induction kit will have very little effect on the performance of your car. Its the air flow meter inlet and outlet that causes the restriction of air flow to the engine. Will give a nice roar when you plant the throttle though!
    yep, or change to a map setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast