GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OBC-won't let me start car-Help

Default OBC-won't let me start car-Help

undefined

'95, 525i, 111K, battery was check; code came onto radio; tried to put in code for radio, but somehow pushed buttons on OBC and so after three tries, the car does not start.
    Have no codes..any help. It's stuck up in WalMart prking lot. Some one advised me to take battery cable off for a couple of hours--computer might reset?
    Nancy

hmmm there's a paragraph on that in the manual. Disconnect the battery for 5 minutes then reconnect and wait 30 minutes. I think it was like this, i've read it a while ago. This is when u supposedly type in your new code and start it.

If no one gives u the answer, i'll check the correct procedure when i get home.

Good luck

Type in what new code? The code light was blinking red. I pressed 1000 and 10 button together- it came up ----Code. And I didn't know what to push in-so I pushed 1111. nothing happened Thanks for your reply. I just came back-put the cable back on the battery-however, I did not wait the 30 minutes. I connected battery now and locked it up, but perhaps I'll go back in an hour and try turning the key--or should I put in a new code number....Nancy

Default Look under CODE in this picture ...

Javier

alright...i don't know why you pressed 1000 and 10, thats for OBC TEST functions - forget that.

When u turn ignition to position 2, a gong goes off and OBC as well as ur cluster display CODE. (this happens ONLY if you pressed button 'code' on OBC and typed desired code in PRIOR to taking your key out of ignition upon leaving your car). In this case, when you turn to position 2, u get the gong, u type the code in again and turn your car on.

If you forgot the code and tried few times - like you say you did, then d/c battery for 5mins like i said and connect it n wait 30 mins. Then, press code button again and type a code - any 4 digit code which you will remember, and u should be able to start the car.

i hope this will clear some things up and bring us on the same page - forget 1000 n 10

thank you it's not 30 but 15 mins...

Quote Originally Posted by romus
    thank you it's not 30 but 15 mins...
    Romus: Thanks so much. To make matters worse, the battery died. put in new one and is running again. Now the radio wants a Code. Thanks so much for you help--I do have the manual which you sent me, but it was not so clear. I appreciate your support. Not Blonde!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoningoff
    Romus: Thanks so much. To make matters worse, the battery died. put in new one and is running again. Now the radio wants a Code. Thanks so much for you help--I do have the manual which you sent me, but it was not so clear. I appreciate your support. Not Blonde!
    You have to enter the radio code into the radiio.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA