GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Brake switch circuit install help.

Default Brake switch circuit install help.

Has anyone recently installed one of these? I read on Brunos site how to do it and it seemed fairly simple. But, once I got under there I couldn't figure out how to get the old switch off. I know the Bruno article said something about breaking the white part or the red tab and then it comes off. Well, I was a little nervous to do that. Plus, on the brake light circuit switch I got from BMA, there wasn't a red tab or sleeve. Is there suppose to be?

Anyway hints/tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

I did install a new resistor pack. That's pretty good for me, as I'm just starting with the "fix it myself" stuff.

Just break off the "ears" that secure the thing in the bracket. Look at the new one, and you'll see that it just presses into the bracket and these two plastic wing-things click out to keep it in place. I just grabbed the old switch with pliers and twisted a bit til the ears broke off and the switch pulled out fairly easily. Looks like you could just force the old switch out by twisting and pulling, which would also break the pastic bits - the bracket is pretty stout, so not much worry about screwing it up (though if you try, you could screw up a crow bar, I guess) If you're more meticulous that I am, you could probably manage to squeeze the thingies flat and wiggle the switch out intact. The new switch presses in real easy and nice. Good luck.

All righty... I'll just get tough with it. I'm always cautious because I don't want to end up breaking something and making more work for myself. ha ha..

incase the ears broke up with u ... u use the plastic strips that locks on once tight ... I used it for my broken switch ... still working ...

So, from the couple responses, I'm starting to understand that it's not to big of deal. Just get tough with it and go from there. Sounds good.

exactly... make sure u mark the plug if u disconnected it, there is another plug that looked just the same and fits in but it will burn the AC fuse. so if u were on disconnecting the switch plug mark it then fit it in when u place it back in. good luck