GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F*ck ABS: Crash@>25mph sob

Default F*ck ABS: Crash@>25mph sob

My new M5 body kit was going on on Monday and now this.

Wifey and are headed to the Kansas Horns game in Austin and we were headed east on 35th from Mopac...nearly stopped at the yield sign before merging onto to 35th. Pull on, get in left lane, going about 23-25 mph when chickie chick pulls out from street to my right. Can't really believe she was actually doing it. I'm saying no, you're not going to do it....then WTF!!!

Jam on brakes, steer to right, and try not to hit her right in driver's door. Manage to hit her left rear qp...

Totally sucks man. Not a single DOT-R on the car and now I need a new hood and left front qp, kidneys, headlight, german auto levelling headlight back, blinker, fog light, who knows what else.

WTF with ABS man? I swear with my brand new tires, we'd have stopped before impact. It's like it doesn't matter how hard you push anymore, the ABS takes over after a certain pressure and then you're at it's mercy.

Totally blows. I tell her, 'you realize this accident was your fault, and are looking at $5k in paint and repairs, don't you?' and she says, I am just going to tell my insurance co what happened. And I say what, that you made a huge mistake by pulling out in front of traffic, so bad that a car hit you in the second lane of a two lane divided street (total 4 lanes)

I could just scream, Im so pissed. Glad no one's hurt, but I'm so.....aw fu*k

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

her car was blue i assume?

btw if u're going to order those german auto leveling backs, please let me
    know i may ask u to place an order for me as well...of course i'll pay for it

shes lucky that she got in a accident with you... if it were me and she gave me that aditude... the 4 D cell maglight would have gotten some action!

yep, blue 2000 something audi 2.weenie non quatro..with a sheehan esque sticker "don't like abortion? then don't have one"

oi gyad

from those pics the hood and fender look fixable with minamal plastic, the dents will pull out with a stud welder which is the modern version of a slide hammer but without all of the holes, a good body shop should be able to handle it unless theres something i am not seeing pictured
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

as for brakes i like gas sloted rotors they have a better bite despite what some say about no difference it's not a night and day improvment but it's something, i use to worry about out stopping the cars behind me with my 535
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

man that really sux, like Winfred said it is fixable. Post some day time pictures so we can see the whole thing and maybe give you better ideas.

Im glad you and the wife are OK!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I'm glad you're OK and she has insurance.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

I'm pursuit trained. I can stop a car in less distance using threshold braking than ABS anyday but... In the wet I'll take the ABS. Sorry to see your car smashed up.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast