GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so..

Default so..

It looks like I'll be driving a black/tan 535iM pretty soon instead of my 89 525iA. HARRRR
    I don't know how to drive a standard lol. Its gonna be a fun week.

Quote Originally Posted by misfortune
    It looks like I'll be driving a black/tan 535iM pretty soon instead of my 89 525iA. HARRRR
    Be sure to press the clutch before shifting speeds, and be sure to shift up before you reach the maximum rpm, and you should be fine. Release the clutch slowly, or else the drive will be jerky Of course, let off the throttle while you're shifting. Like with all things, practice makes perfect.

Good luck and enjoy.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Every clutch has its own personality. Some are tight and finicky and if you don't let it out smoothly and with sufficient gas, it stalls. Others are loose and forgiving. Your initial finesse is no reflection on you. It is all a matter of practice and learning the car.

One practical thing is you might want to plan your routes so that you don't have to start from a dead stop on a hill in traffic. If you don't give it enough gas, it will stall and you will roll backwards. People are not accustomed to there being that many manual transmissions on the road so people don't leave room between cars. If you have someone right up your arse in that situation it is stressful. In that situation, it is better to give it too much gas and have the engine roar and look like a fool than to not give it enough and stall and roll back into someone.

Once you get the hang of it, you will never want to go back.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Some are tight and finicky, Others are loose and forgiving.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    hehehe

So whats your point?
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

My 318 is stick. If I want to have a little fun, that is the car I drive. That is if I can get it away from my son.

Quote Originally Posted by misfortune

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    So whats your point?
    Maybe his is loose
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Quote Originally Posted by Ladykats
    My 318 is stick. If I want to have a little fun, that is the car I drive. That is if I can get it away from my son.
    [Jeff mode: ON]
    A lady who wants to have a little fun with the stick... hehehe
    [Jeff mode: OFF]

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    Maybe his is loose

There is no maybe in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    [Jeff mode: ON]
    A lady who wants to have a little fun with the stick... hehehe
    [Jeff mode: OFF]

Interceptor--please be nice to LadyKats. She is new here. Don't scare her off. I need reinforcements.
    Last edited by Gayle; 11-12-2005 at 02:08 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast