GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAr Care: what polish and wax do you use?

Default CAr Care: what polish and wax do you use?

I recently decided to polish and wax the car. I had used 3M cleaner wax but decided I needed something ore to get rid of some watermarks and crud on the finish. What have you used that has given you the best results?
    Alr

Endust in dusty areas of the country
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by alr
    I recently decided to polish and wax the car. I had used 3M cleaner wax but decided I needed something ore to get rid of some watermarks and crud on the finish. What have you used that has given you the best results?
    Alr
    Clay Bar.

Ralph Mendoza Jr. - Long Beach, CA

Hehe, I just detailed my car today.

I use the ssr line by poorboys www.poorboysworld.com

I have a whole bunch of stuff really...from 3m finesse, to klasse.

Wax, I use pinnicle, poorboys, s100, klasse sg., whatever i feel like using.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

mothers 3 step,but i use the bmw waxits cool to have the three little bmw bottles in my boot box....wax,leather condtioner,and some other stuff.....
    Gone but not forgotten

Meguires cleaner wax does AMAZING results, atleast in my case, its 6 bucks a bottle and worth every penny. My bimmer is red, and my roof was faded pink...... i used that **** and looks like a brand new paintjob, ive tried alot of waxes and i cant belive this ****!!!! My .02

Pat

Zymöl works well.

I used meguiars liquid wax, along with mequiars quick spray wax once to refresh it once. It seems to hold up alright and it creates a nice shiny surface. Im thinking about clay barring it though, with my hand in a plastic bag, i can feel some "unsmoothness." This endust though, i would like to hear more. I live on a driveway which is dusty in the summer.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Clay Magic, Menzerna Intensive, Menzerna Final, Menzerna Glaze and FMJ sealant. Topped off with S100 wax. I spend more time cleaning and goofing around with the pumpkymobile than actually driving it.

Next spring, will try the Menzerna/Klasse twins combo.

Spent a week reading roadfly detailing page and autopia before going on the $300 detailing supply binge. (We had 4 cars at the time all with very different paint conditions and needs). Read those sites at your own risk. They make you want everything.

Roadfly detailing page

Autopia detailing page

The two things I bought that most impressed me were the clay bar and the porter cable. I used the Mothers brand kit for the clay bar. The detailing spray that comes with it smells like dentine gum and it makes the whole experience a pleasant zen-like thing. The clay bar selectively pulls the pollution out of the paint and makes it showroom smooth again. You can really tell the difference on the hood, trunk, and roof where the pollution settles but not on the sides of the car. I didn't find clay bar to be too great at removing oxidation. I needed a polishing product to do that. I rather liked the P21s Paintwork Cleaner for removing oxidation by hand. The Klasse All in One was good with the Porter Cable but harder to use by hand.

Other detailing tips: A chenille washing mitt increases zen factor. And I highly recommend the two bucket technique. After trying I, I asked myself why I hadn't been doing this for years. And rubbing compound is my all time favorite auto detailing product (preferrable extra fine) but you have to be really really careful with it.

The real winner is the Porter Cable. The results are amazing.

Porter Cable Info and Review 1

Porter Cable Info and Review 2
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast