GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG - I just drove the new M5

Default OMG - I just drove the new M5

Awsome, awsome, Awsome.... I can't stop smiling. The instant 500 hp of power, tons of setting on the SMG, even auto mode works very well. But turn off the DSC, put the auto side seat bolsters on medium, take a turn in second, and hang on.......holy cow, controlled fury!

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    Awsome, awsome, Awsome.... I can't stop smiling. The instant 500 hp of power, tons of setting on the SMG, even auto mode works very well. But turn off the DSC, put the auto side seat bolsters on medium, take a turn in second, and hang on.......holy cow, controlled fury!
    Man, I envy you! It would be at least fair of you to post some clips of you smoking the tyres a bit
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

they just let you drive it, i mean i could go to ernhard, but i doubt they would have one, and if they did, they wouldent let me breath on it, mine dealer dose have a nice m-painted m1 race car, real sweet

have your girl call the dealership to arrange an appointment for you, show up in a suit and ull see if they'll let u or not

Ed, the only problem I see when you're out test driving the ///M cars, is that you have the potential of being your own best customer! =)

Sounds like fun! Now where's that 95 large I had laying around?

dang. juicy!
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Default haven't driven one but drove home next to one

yesterday and it sure looks purdy. Had to call Brandon J and Scott H to let em know that this one doesn't seem nearly as bangled as its current mates do. Was in a dark grey color and just looked so serious on I 94. too much traffic (shich was good for me) otherwise I would never have popped my cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    You lucky bloke !
    Now all you need is to drive a chipped 535d twin turbo diesel and compare them - you might be surprised !
    And from a 3 litre 6 no less !

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

even the 530 d is quite impressive
    Gone but not forgotten

What about the launch control? Pushes you right back back into your seat !! Didn't like the open road driving sensations too much though, the limits of rear wheel adhesion are so large, it's almost boring if you don't have enough space to play with the car.

On the track though, a skilled drifting instructor showed me what it really could do and how f***-ing awsome the V10 sounds over 7000 rpm with open windows........it's been two weeks and I'm still smiling. Yes, it's better than sex after marriage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast