GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Some here said cannot be done! Supercharge + Turbo

Default OT: Some here said cannot be done! Supercharge + Turbo

Here it is:

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103048

New Euro Golf!. Just look at that fat torque!.

Quote Originally Posted by emw525E34
    Here it is:

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103048

New Euro Golf!. Just look at that fat torque!.

"Eaton officials said the system will initially appear on cars in Europe where it is expected to compete with turbodiesel engines. The system also could be fitted to diesels, but its future in the North American market could depend on fuel prices and demands for bigger engines. “In the U.S., displacement is still king,” said one Eaton exec."

Yeah, why have economical and efficient engines, when you can have large fuel guzzling V8s. Yeeeeeeeha, go Georgie boy!

BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    "Eaton officials said the system will initially appear on cars in Europe where it is expected to compete with turbodiesel engines. The system also could be fitted to diesels, but its future in the North American market could depend on fuel prices and demands for bigger engines. “In the U.S., displacement is still king,” said one Eaton exec."

Yeah, why have economical and efficient engines, when you can have large fuel guzzling V8s. Yeeeeeeeha, go Georgie boy!

George bush mandates large engines in the US. Now i've heard everything.

SavSpeed has a super/turbo system for bmw.

Numerous offerings are available for the Mini S for a turbo ontop of the supercharger.

wasnt bush on the grassy knoll, too? i think he popped jfk
    -Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    George bush mandates large engines in the US. Now i've heard everything.
    No, it's the Bush-alike redneck mentality that WANTS larger engines. Don't forget, Bush was elected TWICE by more than a half of voters in the US. I'm not saying ALL americans think that way - people on this forum are usually completely different than the american stereotype. The problem is in that other half of the US population, that don't even know what internet is, and that sees a leader in that moronic Deliverance-boy.

Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but the fact is - US spends the largest quantities of oil in the world, and it has less than 300 million! If chinese people were to spend that much oil "per capita" the oil reserves would be long gone.
    BMW E34 528i, M52B28 + M50 manifold, Remus exhaust, ///M Parallel Spoke 18" rims

heh. not trying to start a flame war.. "moronic deliverance-boy?" dont know what that that is except asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    No, it's the Bush-alike redneck mentality that WANTS larger engines. Don't forget, Bush was elected TWICE by more than a half of voters in the US. I'm not saying ALL americans think that way - people on this forum are usually completely different than the american stereotype. The problem is in that other half of the US population, that don't even know what internet is, and that sees a leader in that moronic Deliverance-boy.

Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but the fact is - US spends the largest quantities of oil in the world, and it has less than 300 million! If chinese people were to spend that much oil "per capita" the oil reserves would be long gone.
    -Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by peks
    heh. not trying to start a flame war.. "moronic deliverance-boy?" dont know what that that is except asking for it.
    I was hoping my fellow forum members were open minded and liberal

some of us are open minded and conservative, and thats not an oxymoron. and we prefer to discuss issues, not insults.
    -Pekka

Bush-alike redneck mentality? The largest portion of the US driving large displacement vehicles are women in $50,000+ SUVs such as V10 Excursions. I am not sure where "redneck" and "$65,000 car" cross paths. I don't want to crash your party, but the majority that voted for Bush, TWICE, don't live in the parts of the country that don't have internet...

As per the oil - it has nothing to do with choice. Chinese people don't simply wake up consistantly each day of the year saying "i am going to ride a bike instead of drive a car." No, the reason they don't drive cars is because the government makes it economically infeasible for 99% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    As per the oil - it has nothing to do with choice. Chinese people don't simply wake up consistantly each day of the year saying "i am going to ride a bike instead of drive a car." No, the reason they don't drive cars is because the government makes it economically infeasible for 99% of the population.
    That is changing rapidly. By 2020 China will be the world's largest car market. It is already VW's largest market.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast