GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: M60 Brake Fluid bottle.... need help w/ clutch issue

Default M60 Brake Fluid bottle.... need help w/ clutch issue

Is it supposed to be "empty". My sister said she popped the hood (clutch issues). I don't know, she said the "brake fluid" thing looked more like a "tube". I couldn't understand if it was a fill tube or if that is the actual brake fluid resevoir. Regardless, the brake fluid "tube" is empty. This indicates to me either a leak somewhere or maybe a mechanic did a horrible job of bleeding the brakes at some point.

So now, assuming its out of fluid, do i just top it off, or do i need to bleed this whole thing?

Refill and pump clutch pedal, it will probably self bleed. Then you can drive it home and look for the leak.

EDIT: Looks like M60 clutch has it's own reservoir. Tough to share a reservoir if brake MC is behind LF headlight. Also looks like clutch MC won't self bleed....there a big loop in the tubing according to ETK.

Paul Shovestul

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Is it supposed to be "empty". My sister said she popped the hood (clutch issues). I don't know, she said the "brake fluid" thing looked more like a "tube". I couldn't understand if it was a fill tube or if that is the actual brake fluid resevoir. Regardless, the brake fluid "tube" is empty. This indicates to me either a leak somewhere or maybe a mechanic did a horrible job of bleeding the brakes at some point.

So now, assuming its out of fluid, do i just top it off, or do i need to bleed this whole thing?
    Last edited by Bellicose Right Winger; 11-09-2005 at 06:04 PM.
    .....Got to keep the loonies on the paath.

women hmphfffff...can she snap and email a picture of these new terms for old parts for you? LOL maybe the mechanic removed the container and it IS just a tube there or something....never can tell.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    women hmphfffff...can she snap and email a picture of these new terms for old parts for you? LOL maybe the mechanic removed the container and it IS just a tube there or something....never can tell.
    Jeff can u post pic of your engine bay?

jeffs car is an auto....
    Gone but not forgotten

not auto....slush box
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    jeffs car is an auto....
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Alright well the post bumping was appreciated, but i really need to know how to check the clutch fluid level on an m60 3.0. Sister can't drive it to school.

fwiw here a pic of my m30..... you can see the clutch resevoir just "above" the expansion tank...hopefully hers is similar

man i gotta clean that sob
    Gone but not forgotten