GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InFraRed Laser Thermometer Promotional Kit MasterCool

Default InFraRed Laser Thermometer Promotional Kit MasterCool

http://cgi.ebay.com/InFraRed-Laser-T...QQcmdZViewItem

That looks like a very good price. Anyone knows a better one for less?
    I was looking for such a nice thingy a long time.
    Common Applications

Electrical troubleshooting
    Automotive repair and maintenance
    Air conditioner
    Science experiment
    Manufacturing processes of semiconductor technology
    Test terminals on circuits
    Perform HVAC energy audits

I don't really know much about them, but we had one in my Highschool chemistry class and it was awesome. One of the coolest things I've seen.

I think it helps a lot. For example if you want to check the cooling system for airpockets. Just aim on the radiator, hoses etc. and you find the differences.
    One cylinder bank not running on a V8? Easy: just aim at the 2 exhaust pipes or kats and see the difference in temp.
    Maybe one of the electronic gurus can tell us something what they mean by these applications:

My local Harbor Freight store carries these (dofferent brand) for 79.95 USD. Don't know where that puts it for you with shipping and import, but Harbor Frieght has a warranty.

-ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

Default I have one and have posted pics on here before when using it... but if

I was buying a new one i would go for a much higher ratio than the one listed there... I'd go for a 30 to 1 or higher made by raytek. The craftsmen one i have now is the same ratio as the one you list and its not precise enough for a lot of purposes.. but it was a gift so i can't complain..

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    I think it helps a lot. For example if you want to check the cooling system for airpockets. Just aim on the radiator, hoses etc. and you find the differences.
    One cylinder bank not running on a V8? Easy: just aim at the 2 exhaust pipes or kats and see the difference in temp.
    Maybe one of the electronic gurus can tell us something what they mean by these applications:

IR Temp Gun... got one for $49 USD long time back with case and all. Use it for my R/C (nitro).
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

At the Fire dept. we have an infrared camera, to look for hidden fires in walls

Default Bill

you need it for a living almost every day, for us backyard hack mechanics it is maybe used occassionally. Maybe I use it more than others because of the cars I have and I help others here from the E32 club and they use my equipment and my place for doing repairs.
    But my 'financial controller'-the wife- will not accept a too high price and I have to compromise somehow, although I explained to here that it will be used mainly by her to check the steaks and cakes temperatures etc.

Here is a list what I found on the net, maybe someone can comment on them also from his own experience
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ter&category0=

Also can someone explain to me how to use it for

@acyre
    shipping I have to pay anyway from overseas to Japan. If I use USPS it will not be that expensive. I am not in a hurry.

And yes, I convinced my wife with this useful pic

My company calibrates them. I see all makes and models come through the lab. Raytek, Ircon, Land, Mikron. We have a black body source that can go up to 1700°C

This one is cool looking.

Default Shogun, the ratio that they are talking about is 8 to 1 meaning that at

8 inches away it measures a 1 inch diameter spot... now if your working on a car and its vfh then you don't even want to be 8 inches away, you'd much rather be 24 inches away to keep the heat away from you but at 24 inches your measuring a spot 3 times as large since it won't hold a tight beam... If for example your trying to measure heat loss in house windows like mine where some are floor to ceiling 13 feet tall you're standing about 6 feet away pointing it at the caulked joints on the window trying to pinpoint leaks.. now with a 30 to 1 unit you can be 30 inches away and still measure a tight 1 inch spot making it easy to move along and spot the area where the leakage is... same with a car you can hold it at a safe distance away from a hot engine while its running but pinpoint small areas... I use mine while cooking steaks but i have to get pretty close to pinpoint the temp of the steak without averaging all the heat around it... same with a pot on a stove, I've measured heat differences on my roof with various white coatings and its fine for that since i'm measuing a large area and just want a general temp... but if i were to buy one i would still buy one that measures to a higher ratio regardless of whether i use in in my work or not.. it just turns out to be worth the extra and much more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    you need it for a living almost every day, for us backyard hack mechanics it is maybe used occassionally. Maybe I use it more than others because of the cars I have and I help others here from the E32 club and they use my equipment and my place for doing repairs.
    But my 'financial controller'-the wife- will not accept a too high price and I have to compromise somehow, although I explained to here that it will be used mainly by her to check the steaks and cakes temperatures etc.

Here is a list what I found on the net, maybe someone can comment on them also from his own experience
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ter&category0=

Also can someone explain to me how to use it for

@acyre
    shipping I have to pay anyway from overseas to Japan. If I use USPS it will not be that expensive. I am not in a hurry.

And yes, I convinced my wife with this useful pic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast