GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: More on the fusable link-central lock saga.

Default More on the fusable link-central lock saga.

After having the bad f-link repaired everything is good except the central locking.It appears to be out of sync.I can lock the car with the key in either front door or the boot, (sorry,trunk), as normal.Then I unlock it as normal.The problem
    is this.Unlock the car,open the trunk and the doors lock.Very dangerous if it's raining, the keys are in the ign,the windows are up and the small children are strapped in the back! I've searched the archives and tried to syncronise the c/l system as described on bruno's site but no luck.What I have noticed is the phantom locking only happens when the trunk lid is lifted up past a certain point ,which is close to fully open.If I only open it six inches nothing happens.I'm thinking maybe a loose wire in the trunk lid wiring loom.Any Ideas?.

Default Wiring loom on hinge

Crusty check the wiring loom on the left hinge for breaks - this is an old problem with E34s. Remove the plastic covering and you my find one or more wires split or cut through completely. It happens over time. If you find nothing wrong here then pull the back seat and check the wiring loom on the right hand side (NZ driver's side) where it goes through a hole into the boot -sorry, trunk. This is where mine was damaged.

Phil

I concur....left hinge.My rh rear foglight only operates when the boot is open..it goes off about a 1/4 of the way down.......
    Gone but not forgotten

Default Thanks guys.This weeks E34 JOB.do your cars....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    I concur....left hinge.My rh rear foglight only operates when the boot is open..it goes off about a 1/4 of the way down.......
    have 'lights on' warning buzzers? ,Crusty.

Default Nope

I have come to realize that if the interior light comes on as soon as you turn off the key you have got(or had ) lights on.Iy has taken me a long timr to get used to not having a buzzer.I think it may be an option
    Gone but not forgotten